1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

after reading some of the posts here for about an hour....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Bobbi Meyer, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I can see why I quit coming here....... :(

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

why? it can't be a fraction as retarted as facebook is

3. windingwinds

windingwinds New Member

Um, then why are you posting about it? Seems a bit irrational (contradicting yourself) to complain about a site you no longer visit yet somehow spent a hour reading posts.
    It's a hour you can't get back. Overall I like this site. If I don't like something I click out of it. Quite simple.

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

If one cannot outweigh the positive over the negative on this site then they are coming here simply for the drama and not the education.

Bobbi my friend, answer this honestly.....where on this earth can you find this much professional information and instruction on taxidermy? I'll answer it, NO WHERE! It's just like Belluci, although him and I I never got along, I saw a critique he gave a fellow young taxidermist the other day that included photo's to re-enforce his teachings andf all I could think is 'damn good job John'.

If you truly love this art you wade through the bull$hit to get to the beach. This site in 10 years has released more education that all other cobined efforts have in 100 years.

5. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

the good & the bad, as the way with life, here or otherwise. This site has it all, but the good has won over the bad I beleive.

6. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

""A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown in the friends he chooses."

Facebook and Taxinet are no better than the friends you choose or the things to choose to get caught up into...my Facebook has a little over 200 friends but only about twenty that I can see unless I actually go to their page and look...same with Taxinet, I love debating subjects and poking fun here and there but along the way I learn more when I'm challenged and Taxinet does just that. You ask a dumb question, you get an earfull because you took the easy way instead of researching...sure there are a few less than respectable people on here that like to raise a fuss but isnt that true of those around us in our daily lives? I'm actually getting kind sick of people saying "well now this is why I never get one here anymore" that's seeing the glass as half empty, what about all the posts on here today from people helping each other out, memorializing a recently passed friend or just sharing a joke or two.

Not everyone is going to be the same, it's what keeps life interesting and I hope you can look again and find a few things that please you enough to change your mind and stick around, you might learn something new that changes the way you do things or answer a question that changes someone else's practices for good...ya just never know. :)

7. country

country Member

This site and some of the people here have had a huge impact on my life! I would like to some day meet them in person and shake their hands.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. Raynewolfe

Raynewolfe TY for understanding things outside our control.

Shasta, that was VERY well said...

that said, there is some drama here and anywhere really... But to me the genuine friends I have made and knowledge I have gained make the rest worth it! It was a real privileged to meet those here who took the time to walk up and introduce themselves to me at nationals. Without having come here I would never have had the courage to go to any show for the first time, let alone nationals. I owe my finding this site to a kentucky taxidermist who (in the middle of his work) took the time to answer what was then very newbie questions when I walked into his shop off the street. Im glad he uses this site. And very glad to have the opportunity to use it as well!

K. Raynewolfe

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I think its hilarious. A person comes here and takes an hour to realise it has nothing to offer them but still can't resist posting one more useless threadto justify why they don't come here anymore.

10. This site has changed a lot in the last couple years , but like MP says..it is vast in knowledge....yet peppered with stupidity and ego at times!
    Arrowed1

11. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Bull$hit, this site hasn't changed at all in te last ten years! George is still the same George, I do fish just as fast as I did ten years ago, and the teachings are just as well also. Now, I may be guilty of being one of those few people that try to stir a turd every now and again, but thats just because some people need to be put in their place. I love to talk about creation/evolution, I would love to debate that with you Shasta as well as the two dit nim wit. But all in all, I'm just a father of seven children that has been doing taxidermy for 42 years and raised those children on that income. I have recently shut down my taxidermy business and am now punching a clock at a factory. My taxidermy days are over other than doing it for my five sons and myself. But I do like to come on here and see what feathers I can ruffle!

12. Bobbi Meyer

oh it's the same old grumpy gorillas beating their chests trying to declare who has the biggest banana. I came here to see about Glen...one of the decent ones who is now gone.
    If you look around, a lot of the folks that were on here 10 years ago are gone...they are tired of the BS too.
    I never minded a debate about anatomy, tanning or things like that, but when there is a thread that is over 14 pages long that is nothing more than criticizing someones business practices and "boasting" about who takes in more work, or who has the better hunting lease it's very disheartening.
    And for windingwinds, I was here WAY before you ever showed up.
    And George...you're still an ASS!! LOL ;)

13. Just do like I do and only read the post that interest me.
    When post go awry, I move to a different one.
    Although some are interesting to follow,(chest beating)

14. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I always love when people post they are "leaving", like it's going to be some big blow. Are people's ego's so fragile they can't take a little ribbing, OR disagreement?

I always say if you are leaving...leave...and shut the heck up on your way out.

15. Bobbi Meyer

I never announced that I was leaving 2 years ago when I quit coming here....
    it's not MY ego thats fragile and that whole 14 page thread had nothing to do with me
    it's was the GIGANTIC EGOS in there that blew me away...so condescending to each other.
    this world is so screwed up right now, and even people in the same industry try to tear each other down.
    thats all I'm saying...
    I know that I wasn't missed when I left, and I didn't expect to be..

16. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

Maybe your perspective has changed...I know mine has from when I first came to this site.

17. Bobbi Meyer

perhaps so..

18. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Re: Re: after reading some of the posts here for about an hour....

Hey Bobbie, I missed seeing you on here.
    The tricycle pic still cracks me up.
    This site has done a lot of good for the taxidermy industry and has helped people who were in trouble, sick, etc....
    YOU have helped many on here in one way or another.
    All I can say is if you don't care for a post then don't read it. That's what I do.
    Welcome back

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

19. Bobbi Meyer

you're the only one Brian!! LOL

20. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

And you still piss and moan and whine, Bobbi. ::) :eek:

And you've just shot your claim to hell by coming BACK to defend your opinion. I'm like M.T. BULL$HIT! The forum has always been a "family" of sorts and in every family there has to be a few prima donnas who have their tender sensibilities bruised occasionally. The ones who've "left" did so for their own reasons, but many of them found that they were no longer a big fish in their tiny little ponds anymore. When they got exposed, the ran over to Facebook and tried to slander THIS SITE. So we ain't exactly virgin meat over here and those who like it will always find a home and friends here. Those that demand roses being blown up their asses will have to go to Facebook where they can "defriend" those that don't. Life is good and the sun always shines here, so don't think that you can bring a dark cloud to hover over us. It just won't work.

Like Yogi Berra said, " Nobody ever goes there anymore. It's too crowded." Nearly 1.4 million posts and over 37,000 members. We must not miss those that don't come here anymore.