1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2011 WI Bow Kill Whitetail - Mount With Personalization

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Lundliker, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Hello everyone - I got my 2011 Bow Kill mount back, took some pics, and wanted to share since it is a little out of the box. I conjured up the layout concept and Clint Rickey mounted the deer and we worked on the habitat together.

I had quite a few pics of this buck. The Bow Gods sent good fortune my way in that I missed this deer on the AM of 11/1/11, left totally frustrated, got my act back together and decided to hunt that afternoon in a stand the direction he was last headed after the missed shot, and luckily connected at prime time. He Grossed a little over 160.

The Rub Tree and all the habitat (with the exception of the artificial mushrooms) are from the woods he roamed. We used our NEW Walnut Hollow “Image Ingraining” process to apply my 2 favorite Deer Cam photos, the kill photo and a Hi Res scan of the P&Y Certificate to a solid wood frame we built here. An arrow is enclosed in the frame and the frame rotates 360 degrees on the arrow to view the front and back. The arrow is pinned into a pipe that is recessed into the ground stump. At the base of the ground stump is a freeze dried chipmunk from Kastaway - Joe Kulis, that we added to complete the forest floor scene. The deer also rotates on top of the stump with a pin/pipe to view different angles. We are not real efficiently set up to build large custom floor bases, so thanks to John Bridges (peedeedeer) for a fine base. I guess you could say there are a few contributors. :)

All in all it turned out pretty cool and Clint earned a Blue Ribbon on the mount at a recent competition in Lacrosse WI.

Here are some pics of the mount. I tried to take the best pics I could but I am definitely not an experienced photographer.

First we Ingrained the Hi Res Photos and Certificate Scan onto Baltic Birch:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then built the frame and finished it for a clean look on the arrow and the ability to rotate 360 degrees on the arrow:

[​IMG]

Added the frame/arrow to the stump:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Chipmunk:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Completed Mount:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This week Walnut Hollow launched a NEW Website called WOOD PHOTO that has been 2 years in the making and here is the link http://www.thewoodphoto.com/.

For Taxidermy we are working on some ideas to try to bridge the possibilility of you as Taxidermists/Business Owners to upload Client photos and ulitmately deliver the Wood Photo at a profit. This could allow you to personalize mounts as an additional service to your Clients. It could be incorporating the Wood Photo into the mount like what was done above or into your habitat/rock sets etc:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe the Client simply wants to hang a nice Wood Photo next to the mount or place it on a ledge, desk top, coffee table, end table, fireplace mantel, etc.

Following are some Screen Shots from Wood Photo showing some of my pics. The photo possibilities are endless but here are just a couple ideas of what you might see from your clients:

The Trophy Pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Treed Bear:

[​IMG]

Scenic Pic:

[​IMG]

Group Photo:

[​IMG]

Trail Cam Photo:

[​IMG]

Again - our goal will be to try to provide you (Taxidermist/Business Owner) the opportunity to provide Wood Photo as an added service to your clients offering unique, quality, Made in the USA personalization at affordable pricing to turn a profit.

If you have any suggestions on making our Wood Photo connection to taxidermists happen please feel free to PM or email me.

Have a SAFE and FUN Labor Day Weekend !!! Chris Ladd - Walnut Hollow

2. windingwinds

windingwinds New Member

Really interesting mount and ideas! Love the arrow with the pictures. I especially like the possibility of using like a game camera pic below the mount of the deer. The picture would also really be neat next to a Euro mount.

3. SWIFFY

SWIFFY Member

Very nice! I love everything about it!

4. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

great idea

5. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

X2!!

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Me Too!

7. mccraw23

mccraw23 New Member

Very cool!!!

Roy McCraw

8. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Sweet!

9. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

Now that is thinking out of the ole taxidermy mount BOX. Very nice, love the woodprint and incorporating the arrow into the mount. Great buck by the way.

10. Non-TypicalArtist

Non-TypicalArtist ABOVE Expectations. BEYOND Ordinary.

Like how the addition of the arrow and pics where done. nice!

11. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

yup!

12. peedeedeer

peedeedeer Bridges Custom Woodwork [email protected]

awesome buck and an awesome mount.

13. Very nice!

14. Chris,

I saw that in La Crosse. Really nice presentation!

Bruce

15. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Very cool Idea. And A Great Buck. Congrats !

16. THAT'S BADASS !!

17. Thanks everyone!! - a fun plan and mount to see come together and real happy with how it turned out!!

Bucknut - I was up to Lacrosse for the Rendevous with a friend and was able to visit with a few people. We unfortunately didn't have much time to look at the mounts and had to meet back up with the wives and kiddlings. If I go again, maybe we can meet up and talk a little Whitetails.

18. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

That woodphoto is a cool idea.

19. nice job

20. Very cool stuff!!!