1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Who makes the best trail camera?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by rickey logan, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Who has the best warranty? I'm sick of sorry cameras! Thanks sick in N.C..........

2. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Rickey, I've had really good luck from the cuddyback's. Good battery life, save your receipt, any problems just ship it to them. They are about $200 bucks.

3. Arduckaholic

Arduckaholic New Member

Sorry but cuddyback has to have the worst customer service ever.

4. Reconyx.. Last time I shipped my Cuddieback back for repairs they wanted $200 mimimum to fix it. I guess they were trying to tell me to just buy a new one and throw the old one away. I have also had good luck with Moultrie. Love the video clips.

5. Arduckaholic

Arduckaholic New Member

For the money moultrie is hard to beat and to e completely honest my i40xt's have completely out performed my capture ir's which ive literally watched deer feed in front of and I get down and check pics and have none of that deer.

6. freeze_1

freeze_1 Booboo, my business manager

Are there any made here in the United States ?

7. minehill

minehill New Member

I'm with Bruce! Reconyx has the best Service! If you have a problem they will fix it! And you get a nice hat to boot when they ship it back! Great pictures too

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Member

I've been very happy with my Moultries. I have 6 of them and they all work well.

9. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Rickey, we run about 42 Moultries right now and have had great luck with them.
    We like the Reconyx but when you are talking about 42 of them, thats a little pricey !! LOL

10. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Stay away from "Leaf River" brand. My son bought me one from Cabelas and I put it out in an area to watch....it took 6 pictures and quit. I sent it to the factory to be fixed and they sent it back after fixing it (supposedly). This time it died after 4 pictures, so I called them and they said they would fix it for $40. But I said" you just fixed it doesn't that carry some sort of guarantee?" They said no. So I said they should just replace it but they wouldn't agree to that. I told them I would sent it back to Cabelas with the above story pointing out their lack of customer service and they will replace it. They didn't care...so that's what I did and Cabelas replaced it without any questions. I bet Cabelas sent it back to them and got credit for it. All that bad publicity and the lousy camera to boot. The replacement camera barely lasted the season before it started to stop taking pictures....so fed up I just threw it in the junk pile and bought an "El-cheapo" Wildgame Innovations camera from Walmart and have not had a problem since.

11. mccraw23

mccraw23 New Member

Bushnell trophy cams are what I use....I love them. Great bat life and the pics are great.

Roy McCraw

12. Stealth cam. I had a 2 cuddybacks,4 moultries and the stealth cam. Stealth cam out performs all of them.

13. Aktrpr

Aktrpr Active Member

Bushnell trophy cams. I've had a couple with problems, but simply send them back and they'll send you another camara. They even sent a friend of mine an upgrade from a 2010 model to a 2012 model when he had trouble with a camara he had for about a year and it started taking run away pics. They are hard to get in touch with on the phone, but they stand behind their 2 year warranty and will just send you another camara if you ship yours back with a note of the problems. Great pics, awsome video and very simple to use. Oh and they take LOTS of pics. I"ve had the Bushnell up at the same time as several other brands and the bushnell consistently takes more pics of animals and less pics with nothing in them.
    Mike

14. Thanks for all the responses, and pm's................

15. bubba z

bubba z New Member

I've had a lot of different kinds and you have to pay for quality but reconyx is the best by far I've used. I agree on the cuddyback bad service and the pictures aren't clear. The batteries life and pictures on the reconyx are the best I've used by far. I damaged one of them one time and they fixed my mess up for 37 dollars and sent me a free hat. The bushnells aren't bad but the battery life is nowhere near the reconyx. You'll have way more pictures with the reconyx because it doesn't miss anything and has the fastest trigger speed. I have two or three cuddybacks I'll sell you at a good price but I think one is still broke after they repaired it for the same problem

16. Todd R.

Todd R. Member

I have owned 4 cuddebacks, I now only have 1 that works, I have had the same experience with their customer service. The best one was the very first model they came out with. The latest ones I bought have been made in CHINA. Until someone makes an AMERICAN made trail camera I will spend my $ on another hobby.

" If you want to live in a country that builds things, you have to buy things built in that country".

17. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

I've used cuddies. Clear pics but too many problems with them and crappy service. Moultries were better but pic quality and battery life wasn't there. Primos - Didnt like anything about them. Bushnell Trophy Cams had excellent battery life. But both cams as said before run away pics. The infared pics suck and lots of heads and butt pics. Wildgame by far the best 2 cams I've ever owned for the money. Nice clear pics. Battery life is awesome. Best infared pics I've ever had. Very easy to use and set up.

18. peedeedeer

peedeedeer Bridges Custom Woodwork [email protected]

got 3 wildgames and love them. especially the battery life and clear pics

19. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

Cuddyback blows chunks.

Reconyx is best of the best... Customer service is 5 stars.

Lay the money out once in the beginning and they fix any issues fast and without crying or chargIng an arm and a leg.. If charging at all.

Moultries ate good for the money, but miss a lot of pics

Reconyx doesn't miss a thing.

On the same tree and settings, the reconyx took 600 pics a week, the cuddy back took 45

20. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I have a Moultre. I don't like the fact it is a minute between pictures. I use it for elk and all I ever get is the lead cow.