1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Live Chat rooms

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by loomisjosh5, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Yes we should

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. No, we shouldn't

20 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. Just my suggestion. I think it would be great to talk to people online live instead of emailing back and forth for days. Let me know what you think. Josh

2. We don't have a chatroom right now at all. And to divide the chatroom, if we do get one in the future, into little rooms would not make much sense. There'd be too few a people to justify the trouble. Plus, when I do get into a chatroom, I would not be talking about taxidermy too much. :)

3. aussiesam

aussiesam I'm an Australian.

[​IMG]

4. I'd love to see another live chat room again. But like Evelyn said. Most of the time you're not going to be talking much taxi.

Coyote

P.S. Besides it a good time and a good place to meet some new friends.

5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Wally Stevens in a chatroom .. The spectre of that haunts me. Be afraid, be very afraid.
    [​IMG]

6. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

I miss chatting at night. it was a stress relief.. Until we actually started the voice thingy.. I never could make mine work right...

Jon

7. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Hmmm, I can make a chat room on my site I think, lemme check, I had one before.... if everyone would be willing to go to another link?

Wolfie

8. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

**PARTY** !!!!!!! At Wolfies house!
    [​IMG]

9. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

I'd love to have a chatroom again (but not the voice kind because my 'puter has issues with sound sometimes LOL). I don't really see any point in having seperate ones though, just have one big one. Let the party begin:)

10. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

I have to agree with Evelyn and Samantha, There would not be enough people participating for the trouble in setting every thing up. Also most of the chat would be taxidermy.

11. Wolfwoman

Actually if I remember right, it's easy to set up a general chat room.... I haven't looked yet!

Wolfie

12. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

There are 2 taxidermy chats... probably more. Kiwi's is still there, just nobody uses it :( It's now a private, invite only chat room, but it is still operational.

TaxiChat is still alive too. Yahoo killed the chat system in an effort to increase demand for there Messenger, so Taxichat moved to MSN. All you have to do is join and you can chat... but nobody chats there.

I'm sure there are other smaller or wanna-be chat rooms, but there isn't much if any activity in them. I personally would love to see a chatroom come back to life, but my attemps to stir up activity go unnoticed or only get responses from one or two peoples. Without activity, you can't expect to have divided themed chat rooms, and like the other peeps said, we usually didn't go to the chat to talk shop when the chats were widely used a few years back. It was a place to kick back and relax, make friends, with occassional topics of certain techniques or tips.

Its hard to keep a chat going as sooner or later, personal opinions will create conflict, and then peeps go off and start their own chat, and thus the downfall of the original chat room. That's what has happened to past chats, among other reasons, and that is why there isn't really a good live taxidermy chat room right now.

Wolf

13. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

Wolf

as for the Kiwi's chat I'm more than happy to hand it over to others and change the private settings if they want to crank it up again, Time is not on my side for chatting right now ,as we have got a lot going on building a new shop and house and trying to keep up with our work load,

Maybe you can run it wolf looks like you got time on your hands ;)

14. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

HA! Kiwi I wish.... I wouldn't mind taking over if you want, but if you think I've got time on my paws, you are mistaken my ol' friend. E-mail me if your serious, and I'll see what I can do... Bet I could stir up some trouble with it if nothing else.

15. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

email sent,

16. Wolfwoman

Ok I went and looked at my site today, I used to have a chat room, but it seems as tho it's a function that's been disabled.

Kiwi & Wolf it's up to you now!

Wolfie

17. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

Well, Kiwi's chat has gone to the dogs... I mean Wolf's! I'm now the assistant manager there and I aim misbehave to get some life back into that place; even if that means hunting down and dragging people there!

The link is: [email protected]

You must join and be approved before you can chat. I'll probably check and approve membership at least once a day. Hmmm, I guess the last thing to do is schedule a party to break the ice again... Friday night? I'll get in the chat around, eh, 9-10 pm central. So, anyone that wants to howl at the moon with me, come on in and if you ain't a member, feel free to join. Taxi talk or just relaxing and chatting for the sake of chatter, doesn't matter.

Howl at ya'll later! Wolf

18. How do you get into kiwi's chat? Everytime I go to the link. It doesn't show anything about kiwi's chat. What else do you have to do to go there?

Coyote

19. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

this is the right link Coyote, I gave wolf the wrong one, I must be getting old or ???

http://groups.msn.com/kiwischat

20. Well for some reason MSN isn't accepting my password and or E-mail address. So I guess I'm not going to go to kiwi's chat. Kiwi if you read this please E-mail me @ [email protected] I would really like to talk to you. The puter I working with really isn't worth a crap. So maybe we can talk thruogh E-mails.

Coyote......AKA.....Mike Rathnow...Talk at you later mate