1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxinet is slow loading,,, again.

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Mr.T, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

You dragging butt again, no other sites load as slow as this one does.

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Same here T. The new server isn't as advertised and that friggin Chevy truck pop-up comes up every time you change a category. On my DROID, if I tap the right side of the screen, I get the McKenzie pop-up.

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Has actually gotten worse since the change over. For some reason the phase, "If it's not broke, don't fix it comes to mind".

4. My problem on here is when i click on something half the time it doesn't go anywhere, just kind of locks up. Sometimes i can free myself up from the lock by going back, but not always. Many times i have to go completely off this website and then come back in , in order to move freely around again. Don't have this problem on other sites, quite annoying.

5. Same problems here usually have to refresh page or exit out and restart

6. Same for me, I have to get out and come back in to clear things up. Quite annoying. Other sites are ok.

7. George

SAME HERE! I thought it was just my computer (it's brand new) or perhaps my server (AOL through Comcast) but Verizon sure doesn't do any better and when I use Internet Explorer, I have the SAME problem. Like John said, in some instances, PAYING would be a helluva lot less annoying and if everyone had to pay for an account, the multiple names and anonymous clowns would dry up real quickly.

8. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Same here, and I know it isn't my computer or my internet service. Since the server switch this site has become almost unusable.
    The solution to the locked screen problem seems to be to clear the cache, but there is no acceptable reason for it to be so filled up after viewing only 3 or 4 pages. I have managed to stop seeing the popup ads by using Adblock, but I suspect that they are still present and wasting bandwidth and cache capacity by downloading spyware to my computer.

9. ...

10. intohunting

intohunting Member

AZ
    Ditto! Bring back the old server. I'm not sure where the new server is located, but hopefully it is close to a scrap metal yard.

11. X2

12. This is driving me crazy! But, I'm still getting my money's worth!! ;D

13. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

x3+

14. George

It's terrible. My computer actually "timed out" TWICE today trying to load the website. Ken, it seems like these new guys sold you a bunch of crap.

15. saddlehorse_98

saddlehorse_98 Member

take a lot longer to load and I can't go back on anything I have to right click and go back on the list of sites I just came from. for example if I was in for sale section and view a add, then want to go back to the main page I can't. very frustrating. also my search window under archives is exactly 1/4 inch long and tall. can type about 2 letters in it. had no problems with last server, or other web pages I'm with you guys very frustrating

16. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Very SLOW ???

17. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Its driving me nuts!!! Obama must have something to do with this. :) This post will take a full 4 minutes at least to upload; if it does at all. Every other site I visit is immediate and fast.

18. George

Me too, Jim. The computer timed out this morning again waiting for the site to load. I finally just walked away. When I came back, it ALMOST timed out again, but did finally load.

19. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Obviously, nobody at the controls is reading this thread.

20. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Just trying to open a post takes FOREVER now :-\ I am glad it isn't just me...