1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Matt Thompson 8500 or mears wall pedestal pics

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by hoyttrykon, Sep 10, 2012.

1. hoyttrykon

hoyttrykon New Member

Hi everyone Ive done lots of internet searches and havnt came up with a lot of pics of either of these forms I would especially be interested in some short hair pics I'm debating on either of these for my 2012 ND buck I shot last week.

2. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

I really like that pose and form. I have one as a display in the shop and have probably done 50 deer on that form. I know there was a big debate on wrinkles but every customer that chose this pose did so because they loved the wrinkles, and I love money so it worked out ;D here is a couple pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mears wall ped, short hair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Nice Bill and Dennis !!!!! The nice two eights I have been watching so very little in wrinkles but it sure looks nice with those mounts you have done !!!!

5. J Cook

J Cook Cook Taxidermy

I do Northern deer with long hair. I like the Mears forms, they are nice to work with.

6. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Matt Thompson 8500 :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Another 8500
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Awesome Fozzie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

9. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Great Rick ;still wanting to try one , but Mears forms have been what i`ve been doing lately .

10. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

I have used both and prefer the Matt Thomson line. They fit the deer up here very nicely and offer 2 turns, one 1/4 turn and the other a harder turn.