1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wolf pedestal

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by KatieC, Sep 10, 2012.

1. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Please let me know where I can improve. This is my third wolf. It's much better than my first two but I know I still have lots of room for improvement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was my first time doing any sort of base with habitat and also my first try with artificial snow, so I only did a dusting of snow. Next I think I'll try making some deeper snow.

Thanks guys!

2. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I like it.

3. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Thanks! I had a great time working on it.

4. fougair

fougair New Member

I like it too ! nice fur i won't give advice on improvements ,leave that for the experts.

5. jockamoe

jockamoe New Member

The nose and lips appear to be much to black, perhaps it's the photos. They need color texture and feathering. Too shiny.

6. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Thanks all. I used layers of flesh color, brown, and a final layer of payne's grey on the nose and lips. I'll try to get more color texturing in next time. I'm still getting a feel for the airbrush and could use more practice.

7. boarhunter67

Sometimes something can look black or darker than it is just because of the picture. I've noticed somethings that I paint brownish-black come out looking very black in pictures, depending on the lighting. If it looks that black in person, then tone it down. Compare it to a real dog's nose.

8. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Why is it tipped forward on the rock? The lips seem pulled down a little much. I like the base; overall pretty darn good for a beginner.

9. Very nice !!!

10. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Thanks for the input, guys. It's very helpful. It's tipped forward and the lips are pulled down too much probably just because I still need a lot more practice. I'll try to improve on those things.

11. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

I like it ,keep up the practice.

12. boarhunter67

James, that was spot on.

13. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    I just don't like the way the head is tilted. Overall nice piece. Nice rock.