1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pheasant HELP please! :)

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by tobey522, Sep 14, 2012.

1. I just finished up my first pheasant and after posting on here, I had someone remind me that I completely messed up and forgot to split the wattles! I used the real beak with an artificial head, is there any way to fix my mistake, or just deal with the fact that they will probably shrink and wrinkle? Also, I have another pheasant for practice I got from my friend, I had a lot of trouble getting his head out. He has a very tight spot in his neck that took me a LONG time to get around when getting his head out, so this tight spot is going to cause problems when putting the artificial head in, any ideas on what is causing just this one spot to be tight and hard to work around? He was in the freezer for about a year, if that helps at all. Thanks!

2. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

I seen your other post, yes there are some issues but for your first one it looks pretty good. Don't worry about your mistakes on that bird take what you learned from your 1st bird and apply it to your second and take your mistakes from your second and apply it to your third and so on, keep praticing. As far as the neck being tight it happens allot what i do is wet the feathers with a mixture of dawn and water and it will help to invert the skin much easier and help against the neck blowing out on ya.
    Good luck

3. Thank you! :)