1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2012-2013 Bird Hunting Thread....

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Tim McLagan, Sep 20, 2012.

1. I thought last years bird hunting thread was great.. Thought we could make another run of it...

A little early season Honker hunt in Central Oregon...

Attached Files:

2. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

My hunting partner with his first crane . 9/15/12

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      77.6 KB
      Views:

3. babak

babak Active Member

early chuker hunting in Iran,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

quail hunting ,first year for my puppy sasha ,she done well!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. snowhare

snowhare New Member

B NICE

And dont you think ya need to feed that doggy of yours a bit more than you give him right now , he is to lean man esp at the hips , no muscle s there ;D :D ;)

ore maby it is just how this doggy is build , i could be wrong here

5. babak

babak Active Member

yeah man,she was sick and i didn't know but now she is quite well.one of my friends keep her in his garden and feed her just with one meal in a day , i purchased some strong foods like friskiess and .... and now she is getting better!it's a mixed German shorthaired pointer and they are built a little lean!as a description here in my country keeping a dog home is not legal and most of the people don't like them, for freaking religious limitations!

6. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hey Babak, what birds did you shoot in that last picture? is it some quail, a wood pigeon, a teal and a partridge?

7. babak

babak Active Member

yeah ,you guessed well,but that's not a partridge it's a stone curlew!it's not a common bird i shoot it,i didn't know and shoot it while chasing quails!

8. Wouter

Wouter Member

Ah yes, you already mounted it a while ago didn't you Babak? I hope it won't get you in trouble if it's a protected species. Anyway, shooting the wrong bird by mistake can happen to any hunter, and then you can better mount it so it won't be wasted.

Wouter

9. babak

babak Active Member

;) No sir,here in my country we have bunch of rules and laws ,but there is nobody to check them!!!LOL ,quite frankly ,from statistical point ,80 percent of big game hunts here occur illegally,and something around 50 percent in birds!
    yes,i mounted it,very hard to work with it,full of pin feathers and some very loose feathers bases.

10. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Last day of Sage Grouse . I hope not the last season we have. If so at least I went out with a nice rooster.

Attached Files:

11. RMW

RMW New Member

Its been a fun year so far. Working more with the dog than filling the bag.

Opening Day sage grouse
    [​IMG]

some sharpies
    [​IMG]

big male. Fritz's biggest retrieve.
    [​IMG]

Fritz doing his job.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. babak

babak Active Member

nice GSP.good job with it,here is my last week hunting with Sasha,she is just 1 year but good job he has done!

Attached Files:

13. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Got the whole family out for dove opener.
    [​IMG]

My youngest son and my dad on an early teal shoot.
    [​IMG]

He's hooked.
    [​IMG]

15. Waterfowl opens on Sat. Cant wait.

16. babak

babak Active Member

Brazosboyt and Milo,nice photos,really nice!!

17. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hey, good hunting all together.
    RMW, save a sage for me, I will take it next year, when I come to US for a little bit waterfowling,
    Rainer.

18. Stupid question time. I don't hunt (but have no problem with it) so simply don't know the answer. What the hell do you do with 20-30 large ducks or geese when you have shot them - do they all get stored for mounts, are some eaten, give them to friends (that's what we do when we have too many fish) ??? - sorry, just curious.

19. babak

babak Active Member

although I rarely hunt geese or ducks,for i live in mountainous area ,about my birds i always open a small hole and take out abdominal interior members like garbage and store it in fridge for suitable time to mount and when i skin it i usually use the meat for food,of course some time i use fresh meat or donate.

20. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Waterfowl opener in southern WI yesterday. Great time - beautiful full moon before the opener, cooperative decoying throughout the day.

Four mallards, hen shoveler, drake woodduck.

Attached Files: