1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2012-2013 Bird Hunting Thread....

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Tim McLagan, Sep 20, 2012.

1. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Nice blue and green on the wings of the hen shoveler. After the shot, she acted like her bill was made of lead, and followed it into the water like a dart.

Attached Files:

2. babak

babak Active Member

nice smaliestalker!

3. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Well done Milo and smalliestalker,
    will you be able to post photos of the bill and the feet of the shovelers for reference ?
    Rainer

4. cameron2

cameron2 Member

Hunted the opener with some buddies.

[​IMG]

5. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Here some photos of some nice hunting days with my Irish setter " Angie ". We got greylads, mallards, tufted ducks and cormorants,
    Rainer.

Attached Files:

6. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

some more

Attached Files:

7. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

and the last

Attached Files:

8. babak

babak Active Member

Rainer

as i told you before your Irish and Gordon setters are all my favorite ,very nice dogs and good job!

9. Pretty good 2nd weekend at duck camp!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Where was the woodie banded?

11. RMW

RMW New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Hunting in remote MN, public land as far as the eye can see and not another hunter in sight. This pic was taken standing on a beaver dam that I ripped apart after to benefit the wild rice on the lake this creek should be draining.
    [​IMG]

My fiance's first duck taken on opener, she was very excited. For being shot on 9-22, it was exceptionally nice, mount worthy even. Hardly any pins. It must have been an extremely old duck.
    [​IMG]

Me holding our opener limits, not many ringbills this year due to the lack of rice after heavy spring rains. Maybe next year.
    [​IMG]

Danielle with what we got on our 2nd day morning decoy shoot...wish there'd been more ducks that weren't woodies. We jump shot the rest of our limit that afternoon. If you look on the water in the background the white spots you see are trumpeters.
    [​IMG]

Group line up from 2nd weekend, I shot the banded hen woodie.
    [​IMG]

3rd Saturday by myself.
    [​IMG]

3rd Sunday with a friend. Ducks were slow so we lit up some coots. They made for great stew after breasting them out and taking their thighs and legs too (my favorite). Wild rice fed coot is hard to beat.
    [​IMG]

So far it's been a fun season. I've plucked a lot more ducks than I thought I would. Usually it's a lot of breasting them out but surprisingly most of what we've shot has been very "pluckable," after a few beers. I have a list of people wanting duck from me....a welcomed first. It makes possession limits that much easier.

13. MRN, is that woody a SUPER MEGA PRIME? :eek:. Nice picture of you and your dad. Later Ryan

14. Super mega prime indeed, Ryan! ;) 8) Brazosboyt, hatched in 2008 and banded in Savannah, SC. Shot 'em here in WI. Matt, you get your band info? Great huntin' pics guys!

15. Great pics you all are having some fun!

Some local Geese are starting their annual ritual to flock up on my pond before they head South. Dang things like to poop on my pier etc.!! Actually, the darn tweeties that are getting ready to head south are good poopers too - check out my deck rail ;D

[​IMG]

16. wings II

wings II New Member

Chris , I need to be standing on your deck with: 1) A cold beer 2) Some bino's and 3) A large fork to turn over our deer backstraps cooking on the grill.

********Great pics everyone, would love to walk that beautiful public with ya!*****************

17. KMA - come on up!! Your recipe for fun is spot on except we might need a gun close by in case a yote crosses between the house and the pond. When a gun isn't close by like a few weeks ago, it creates quite the raucus in the house with me running like a mad man down the stairs and back up and my wife and duaghter laughing as I cleanly missed - aahhhhhhhh !!! :eek:

18. Couple Ruffies...

Good to see all the photos.....

Keep them coming...

Attached Files:

19. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Jump shootin tundra this last weekend in Montana. My hunting partner and his two boys.

Attached Files:

20. Banded in 2011 at Tiptonville, TN. Hatched that same year. Not old by any means but kind of cool. I figured it'd be a local.