1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2012-2013 Bird Hunting Thread....

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Tim McLagan, Sep 20, 2012.

1. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Not a bad morning. 21 with 3 being banded

Attached Files:

2. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

The bands

Attached Files:

3. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Are you hunting close to a banding site? Very cool. Great shoot

4. [​IMG]

5. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Not that I am aware of. Its just a big staging area for birds migrating through Idaho. We have killed 9 bands in there from between December 15 and now. All the bands were from different locations from northern Alberta to Washington

6. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

That's cool on the bands. Shows how where and what impacts how many I get. I'm in central tx and we average 1 band For about every 2000 ducks. But we shoot mostly gab walls and Widgen so not a highly banded species

7. Pretty normal MT season lots of mallards. had a couple fun mixed bag shoots. Brazos your a lucky man to have that kind of variety

Pintail was banded NW of fairbanks AK
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

I have hunted for years and never a band. Its a good thing I'm a duck hunter and not a band hunter.
    congratulations BTW.

9. A pic from our annual 3 man central MT river hunt. We usually limit every day on honkers too, but this week they were in the feilds all day long.

[​IMG]

10. wings II

wings II New Member

Love, Love, Love all the field shots folks. Congrats on all the Bands! Milo, I see you are still givin' em hell my friend!

I had to deliver and pick up outfitter birds from the Texas Coast, so I fit in my second hunt of the season while I was down there. I'm behind the camera of all these shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. wings II

wings II New Member

...more:

Nice bluewing teal taken by my friend Ryan to complete his trio.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. wings II

wings II New Member

last ones...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Took a newbie out to get his 1st pintail and while I was looking for a crippled that had sailed I put my gun down to take a piss. Just then 2 hen mallards buzzed over me but what could I do. Then again while I was streaming they buzzed me. Then just as I finished they came back again to tempt me so I let "her" have it, only it's not a hen, but a drake Mexican.

Attached Files:

14. mcrib1981

mcrib1981 New Member

KMA... your mounts already made you my hero, your hunting pics have now just made me down right jealous... awesome man

15. Took all day to scrape out a few... 1 degree in the am... " Way better than working "...

Attached Files:

• 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      119.2 KB
      Views:
  16. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

my wifes first cormorant and second trophy ever,

Rainer

Attached Files:

17. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

one more

Attached Files:

18. I'm curious, how do cormorant taste? They are listed as "threatened" and protected here which is hilarious because I see several thousand a day here by Dallas. Anyways, there have been rumors of opening seasons here to control their numbers (beyond needed in my humble opinion) which would relate of course to the original question :)

19. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Here in some parts of the country, we are allowed to hunt them because they winter in some areas in such big groups, that some fish species are nearly extincted, where they hunt.
    About the taste I can say, that the breasts of jung ones taste like merganser and not really good, but in Scandinavia where a friend of mine lives, they like them,

Rainer.