1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2012-2013 Bird Hunting Thread....

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Tim McLagan, Sep 20, 2012.

1. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I think scandanavians must have different taste buds.. cause a cormorant has to tase like @ss no matter how ya cook it..

2. snowhare

snowhare New Member

THEY TASTE LIKE THEY SMELL , OLL SOCKS

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Yes snowie, that is right, but there are also some old people, that like to cook a soup with crows or jays and I have heard from an old Austrian, that eats fox. He skins them and puts the meat at a rope for 1 week into a clear and cold creek in the mountains and then cooks it. One other thing is, that some people in Sweden shoot a capercallie, take out the organs and then put him into a bag of cotton and dig him in the ground for 4 weeks, before they eat it and the last, smoked badger is very common in Europe,

Rainer.

4. That's kinda what I figured... probably won't be excited to try it if they ever open a season here.

5. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Active Member

NW Ohio
    Yeah My guess would have been like a merganser if not a lot worse. A guy in our group swears that he makes a good jerky with the merg. Sounds like lots of marinade and hot sauce, but that covers up a lot.

brazosboyt your pictures make me jealous with all the color, variety, and numbers. Looks like some awesome shoots

6. All the diver guys... I am located in NW GA and I am looking to go on a diver hunt next year unless there's time this year but I doubt it. Im interested in Redheads in particular but wouldnt complain with some buffleheads or Cans either. If anyone has a place they are consistently shooting these birds please let me know. I will gladly pay for the hunt.

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy Stewart

7. Also, heres some of our pics from this year.

Attached Files:

8. One more

Attached Files:

9. mallards/black ducks geese

Attached Files:

10. Blue goose.... Way OFF from his migration path.

Attached Files:

11. Friend came up from FL and got to take him on mid season honker hunt

Attached Files:

12. Later season honker hunt...

Attached Files:

13. Evening roost hunt for some goosils

Attached Files:

14. limit of mallards

Attached Files:

15. And a couple gadheads

Attached Files:

16. gwamp

gwamp Member

Here is a pic of my son and friend on our last duck hunt 2012/13 in st. benard parish La.

Attached Files:

17. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Made a little 9 day trip up north to do some collecting. Love going up there and visiting/ hunting with my friends.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got one juvi pacific and lost a toad of a drake I knocked down. Very disappointing.
    [​IMG]

My brother got a great hen king.
    [​IMG]

And a few decent tails.
    [​IMG]

Even suffered through a couple nights of Alutiiq hotdogs.
    [​IMG]

Got a couple nice bonus birds too.
    [​IMG]

18. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Got 5" of rain while we were gone and flooded my 40 acres of jap millet. Holy smokes! We are holding 3000+ pintails.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My partners are kinda jiggin our pit for pins so I decided to let em have it. Got out for some mixed bag shoots.
    [​IMG]

Cool orange ish wigeon.
    [​IMG]

And best gad I've ever seen.
    [​IMG]

Got 3 kiddos out this am and lettem charge the redheads rent.
    [​IMG]

Nice thing about hunting with taxidermists....don't have to clean a lotta birds. 90% of these birds are in a freezer.

19. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Two days worth from the great Ohio River for three guys. Nice assortment.

[​IMG]

20. Awesome picture of the kids with those beautiful birds! You really have it figured out Brazoboyt. Do you find it hard to not want to keep every damn specimen you shoot?