1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fund for Scott Olson

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Rhonda, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

As many of you know Scott Olson has been on hard times ..I know I shouldn't be putting this out here but any of you who know him knows he is a great guy and helps anyone who needs it.Now he is the one who needs help and he can only kill me once.Scott's girlfriend Lynn and the kids moved in with him seven months ago and have changed his life for the better.She got a job and has been their sole income.With the way things were they just couldn't hold on to the taxidermy shop anymore so it is gone and They got a house and now the lease on the house is gone and they can't find any affordable housing.They have had so much stack against them you wouldn't believe,So We have offered to have them move in with us here in Florida till they get on their feet and have a fresh start and to be honest a place to live.We will be turning our dining room into a bedroom,We will all pull together and make due and Scott will be working in my taxidermy shop and Lynn being a nurse will have a job in no time.Well they have entire house packed up and were ready to leave tomorrow and thought they would have enough money with her last two checks and the promise of some mounts picked up today to get them here ..But as fate has it once again it didn't work out.People will not be picking up mounts and Lynn's paycheck was not as much as anticipated.I know Scott is a proud man and would die before asking but he needs help.So I am asking for help for him.I am trying to doing a relocation fund for them and I know money is tight for everyone But if there is any way you could help no matter how small and would like to help,Please let me know I know they would be forever grateful Thanks Rhonda

2. mike g

mike g Active Member

Scott is a hell of a guy, count me in!

3. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Where do I send a check?

4. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

I will be using my paypal and I will wire money to him Thanks for your help and please send as a gift for Scott Olson [email protected]

5. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Re: Re: Fund for Scott Olson

Rhonda you are every bit the Angle Scott tells me you are. I've been chatting with him today wishing I could just send him every penny he needs to get back on his feet. If anyone deserves it, it's Scott. Thank you so much for opening up your home & shop to them You are the definition of the word FRIEND!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Rhonda we are on the road right now, but money will be sent out first thing Monday morning.

PS. We love ya Scotty!

7. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Thank you Curt ....Scott is a good friend and I will help my friends anyway I can ..That is what we are here for...... Thanks for the call Mike Have a safe trip

8. Scott is a good man and deserves a hand up.

9. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Done deal.

10. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Thank you all very much ...You are very appreciated

11. Scott does great work that I've relied on over the years. Sad to see him go but wish him well in Florida. He's in good hands with Rhonda.

12. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Thanks Andy ;D Let us know when you come back to Florida

13. Richard B

Richard B Well-Known Member

Rhonda, I dont have pay pal but if youll send me your address I'll send something for Scott, Lynn and the kids.

14. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Thank you very much Richard They sure will appreciate your help :) My address is
    1270 Coral Farms rd
    Florahome ,Fl.32140

15. smittysinc

smittysinc New Member

Rhonda,Let me know when you receive it in the Mail. Its going out tomorrow...Smittys

16. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

I sure will and Thank you very much :)

17. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Hey Rhonda, I sent you a PM with some ideas to maybe help him long term to get on his feet again. You are a great person to help him out, but we already knew that! ;) I will also be sending a small contribution to the PayPal account. -Marty

18. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Marty you are Awesome !!! Thank you so much ;D

19. Believe he starts his journey today.

20. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

They be going to Tennessee and stay the night with a friend ...Lord I hope nothing else happens !! Everyone in the states between there and here be on red alert LOL