1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Makes me SICK!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by CoonRiver, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Pissed as Hell! Went to the freezer this morning to get my 6 year old son's 22" bass out of the freezer to skin it and I can't find it anywhere.He caught it last spring while he was fishing with his grandpa and has been excided about it ever since and keeps bugging me to mount it.He goes threw my magazines and tells me how he wants it done all the time.He even got a nice certificate from the Iowa DNR for a big fish award and one for first fish award.He's at school now my wife's at work and they are both going to kill me when they find out.What do I do? I have never felt so sick in my life! He knows that I was going to get started on it today.

Attached Files:

2. Alive Again

Alive Again New Member

Keep looking. Im guessing it couldnt swim away so its gotta be there, maybe just packaged differently than you remember. Hope you find it, good luck.

3. If you don't find it let me know I may have a spare that size in the freezer. Not 100% but I may. It would be yours if you wanted just pay the shipping.

Mike Edmonds
    Wilderness Taxidermy
    & Commercial Tannery
    Wildernesstaxidermyonline.com
    [email protected]

4. I know it's not in any of the freezers,now that I think about it I am pretty sure I skinned it out right after he brought it home.I usually keep the guts and heads of the bluegills and other fish we catch in the freezer to use for turtle bait.We never did any turtle trapping this year so I threw them out in the burn hole a month ago or so and I bet it went with them.Mike thanks for the offer,could you check when you get a chance,I will look again but I am sure it got thrown.

5. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

Man your a$$ is grassed.

6. I do have one buddy, it's yours at no cost buddy. Had a guy do this same thing for me so I'm just gonna pass the good deed on down the line. Give me a call (205)807-4645. Thanks and good bless

Mike Edmonds
    Wilderness Taxidermy
    & Commercial Tannery
    Wildernesstaxidermyonline.com
    [email protected]

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I've always been worried I'd throw out a fish or skin, that I thought was the carcass meat, that I also keep in the freezer until garbage day. I feel for ya!

8. TR

TR Member

Know exactly how you feel. ( Don't ask me how I know) Now nothing goes in the freezer without being tagged. Hope all works out well ....That was a thoughtful offer Mike
    TR

9. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

Good deed Wilderness Taxidermy! Very nice and thoughtful, I like how we can come to the rescue for each other when it's important!

10. den007

den007 Active Member

Good thing I read this and pondered. I received a very nice trophy rainbow, frozen, from Texas. It is wrapped in a towel and plastic. Label inside. Yesterday, I remembered a couple days ago when my wife asked about throwing out the frozen "fish guts" in the freezer. I was busy, and replied something like, "yeah, get rid of 'em."We do that right before trash gets picked up so it does not start stinking too much and attract critters. I bet any money she would have chucked that fish in the trash without looking and I would be up that proverbial S(*& Creek.