1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How to freeze dry velvet antlers.

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Double_D, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Double_D

Double_D New Member

Ok so i looked up " velvet antlers" like everyone was saying but couldnt find any thing answering my question. How do you freeze dry velvet antlers do i have to send it out? is there some other way to preserve them to save myself a little money? the customer killed it about a month ago and put it in his freezer and its been there ever since meaning the blood has clotted and not sure if i could inject them and if so with what? any help would be greatly appriciated.

2. Not sure exactly what your original question was, but in my opinion only, I would reccomend spending the money on a reputable service to have them freeze dried. If this is for a "customer" they should bear the burden of the cost to preserve, including shipping. Look up those taxidermists around you who have freeze dry operations, see what they quote you on their services, ask for references and ask the pro's and con's of the freeze dry operation. Some things you should let others handle for you, and I am of the belief that velvet antler preservation is one of them. ;)