1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Question about frozen wet tan deer cape

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by joebrinkley, Sep 27, 2012.

1. I have wet tanned my deer cape and all is good and done with, but do i have to keep it in the freezer and take it out the night before just to let it unfreeze, or can i let it hang and dry a few days before i mount it. I just want to know if it has to stay frozen until i am ready...

2. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i wouldn't let it dry that long. it will get hard. you could rehydrate it but why? take it out a day before you mount it. let hang so the water drips out. well it probably wont get hard in 5 days but it could start to dry around the ears,eyes,the nose and mouth.

3. Yes i always hang mine over the end of the bed for a few days, after the 4th day when the wife gets sick of tripping over it
    i then mount it [if it fits the form].

4. WOW!!! Did you ever consider being a comedian? Seems ALL your posts are directly comedy related. But it is a nice break in the action to read some raw humor through the day. Makes me feel like getting back to work. LOL!!!