1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ANTLER FINISH 50 /0 MIXTURE ??

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by butterbean, Sep 28, 2012.

1. butterbean

butterbean New Member

Saw on here the other day a mixture of i believe was turpentine and maybe linseed oil to put on on wt antlers.Ive looked and can't find it.For some reason i cant get into the archives.If anyone can help jog my memory thanks.

2. I just use Scotts Liquid Gold. Get it at Wal-Mart. I assume you are wanting to know this for "shining" them up

3. butterbean

butterbean New Member

Yes for the shine, i believe the post i saw had the Scott's & the mixture in a photo comparison.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The 50/50 mix works great on hard, dried seasoned antler, but don't put it on fresh antler, it will turn it yellow from the linseed oil. I use it the day before the mount goes home, I dab it on the antler with a big cotton ball, then remove the excess with paper towel. The next day it is ready to go home.

5. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Spray some Pledge Furniture Polish on a shop rag or towel, and apply it to the antlers. Give them a good rub and polish. This gives them a nice luster without going unnaturally shiny!