1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Big Ol' Flehmening Droptine Buck..

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Steven Klee, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Very nice natural soft look!!

2. kahoff

kahoff New Member

haha I didn't see the droptine either. I was admiring your nose detail and the eye shape. good looking mount :)

3. AWESOME job Steve !!!!!!!!!!! 8)

4. jbentley_14_99

jbentley_14_99 New Member

great looking deer the mouth, nose and eyes all look really good

5. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Nice mount, curious as to what you used to gloss nose/mouth area?

6. 24/7

24/7 New Member

Steven, do u do your noses by hand. I do mine with a small brush and modpodg. I like mine but yours have a more flowing natural look. Do u come back with several top coats or ?

7. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

OHHH man I cant wait for that finishing class buddy ;) .....oh and then the fish class too ;D Your work is some of the very best posted on here Steven , hands down !!!!!! YOUDAMAN !!!!!

8. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

9. Steven Klee

quote from 24/7: Steven, do u do your noses by hand. I do mine with a small brush and modpodg. I like mine but yours have a more flowing natural look. Do u come back with several top coats or ?

The only time I use a paint brush is when I'm competing. I use a nodule applicator bottle filled with mod podge for commercial work. And yes, the key to depth is multiple coats, with all the mediums involved, including clear coats. Just be aware that nothing of quality is done swiftly, I have made the decision for me personally to spend the extra time . For example, there are about 12 steps to my noses for a commercial mount.
    I would also like to take the time to say that I am flatterd by all the PM's and I certainly don't want to discourage them in any way as I am willing to help who I can. Since Fozzie mentioned classes, I only pray that people understand why I don't give away all the techniques I use as it would not be fair to my students or the professionals on here who pay their hard earned money for a one on one class with me. If anyone thinks they would benifit from a a jam packed class in game head finishing, whitetail deer mounting, fish mounting and painting, how to mold and cast your own fish reproductions, mammal mounting or turkey's just send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to help.

Best, Steve

10. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

11. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

12. Steven Klee

13. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

14. Dan Taylor

Dan Taylor Member

Steve do you give one on one classes on your deer heads, if so how much. I would be interested in taking your class. your work is awesome .

15. Steven Klee

16. birdhunter13

birdhunter13 New Member

What kind of jaw insert is that?

17. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Nicely done.

18. Great job

19. Steven Klee