1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Sharp things and getting the season started!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by duxdown, Oct 29, 2012.

1. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Well guys as the season gets going good take the time you need and dont rush.
    Was pushing a bear along trimming fat on a still half frozen bear trying to get it moveing and cut my left pinky bad enough to warrent 8 stitches last night.
    They said to come back in 2 days for a check up to see if the reattached tip grafts back, if not they have to remove part of the tip. SO PRAYERS ARE APPRECIATED!!

2. double barrel

double barrel New Member

Best of luck to you, hope all goes well. Careful!

3. I hate to hear of your bad cut. It alwats happens when your trying to catch up and get ahead of the game. wish you a fast recovery.

4. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Thanks all! Its nasty but looking better well sorta. Anyway modern firearms deer season hits in 10 days, so will the rush.

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

I pray for a speedy recovery for you. It happens to all of us from time to time and sometimes slowing down will speed things up so to speak.

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I sure wish you guys would stop hurting yourselves. Everytime you do, I feel the pain.

7. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Okay here's mine.

Took the chain saw to the knee "AGAIN" yesterday!! Not as bad as last time but lesser men (p#$$%ies) would still have wanted a few stitches in it! Then blew out the side of my index finger between two pieces of fire wood!

Then to top it off, not being used to actually "working" anymore when I finally quite running the saws my muscles started spasming in my arms and legs.

Perhaps we should all quit for a while. Let this dark period pass!