1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ November 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ November 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

A warm welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!!! So much to say about this issue of the Month in fish pictures! As I write this issue we start the 6th year of TMIFP so hats off to all who have made this the longest running and one of the most popular strings on the T-net! It is all due to the loyalty and friendship you all so generously share to motivate each other with the beautiful work you do! Also 6 years of a great place to come to post your work regardless of the level of skill you have or not have with out the concerns of negative post about others addenda’s! Good for you all!

A few very important thoughts this month so relevant to today…as I sit here reflecting on the events in our county I wonder if you have thought of where you are in your personal life as well in your professional life. We have an election on less then a week on Tuesday November 6th as American’s in this country we have the right to vote I and some would say it is our constitutional right and duty to do so! In my half century I have seen a lot of elections but never such a negative bombardment of advertisements showing the ugly side of what and who we are but this is politics here! Don’t be fooled or brainwashed look at your life and ask questions, look at your neighbors and ask the same questions if you are grounded and a independent thinker you’ll come up with your own answers and no need for commercials! After all it is your life and your country not some spinsters idea of what you need to know or hear! VOTE!

Lastly I ask for all of you who believe to pray for our friends and fellow neighbors who have suffered through this SANDY event recently. All you have to do is look at the morning news and see who bad this is for so many in the Northeast. My heart goes out as well as many prayers. Reach out and call folks if you know some in those areas as I have and offer what you can to help! At the end of the day we are all neighbors and friends to others so please help if you can!

I absolutely want to commend all of you, as there are so many original contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from over 5 years! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of November with a couple of great folks who I had the opportunity to share some time with recently in New Hampshire!! Lets start with Mr. Robert Kennedy of Dover Florida! Robert and his lovely wife Joanne spent him with us this year and shared with out southern hospitality! Heck they even cooked for Kathie and I one night! Robert has been in Taxidermy for some time sand enjoys a wonderful reputation being a great taxidermist and a proud member of the FTA! Last but not least Mr. Tom McGinnis of Toledo Illinois a hard working up and comer! Tom really loves the outdoors and has a drive second to none to work at being successful at this beloved business!! I hope you enjoy this fish work by our friend and fellow fishhead Robert and Tom!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in December!!

So here we go and here is to a great November in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Here is a Beautiful rainbow trout Weick reproduction on a Walnut Hollow oval that Robert completed!

[​IMG]

A really cool Skin mounted Black Crappie on a Walnut Hollow oval completed by Mr. Tom McGinnis!!!

[​IMG]

Be safe and have a great month!
    Here’s to a great Month in Fish Pictures!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com/zencart/

2. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Very nice Robert , Tom!!! You are a good teacher Rick :) Starting the show with a spotted wolf-fish 12 lbs. Ollie

Attached Files:

3. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Really nice Ollie!!!!

4. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Ollie!!!! Your work is always breathing and you are a personal inspiration to me and to so many! Thank you my friend for being such a big part of the success of the industry moving forward! Your friendship is valued!

Your friend!

Rick

5. Its going to be a great month again,

Attached Files:

6. bowhuntr

bowhuntr Member

What a great learning experience and a great Teacher. Thanks Rick for all your help and all the knowledge you share.It was definitely a lifetime experience for us. Hope all is well with the family and the puppies. Our thoughts and prayers to all effected by the storm...bob kennedy

7. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Great start again, Ollie I love the fish and background !
    John

8. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Custom mold/cast of a kokanee from a stream in North Carolina.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. topnotch

topnotch Member

off to a good start

30.5 lake country replica i just finished up
    eyes are handpainted on some flints i found in my eye drawer

[​IMG]

10. Topnotch, that's a very nice reproduction!! I like the subtle colors and irregularity of the markings. Excellent.

11. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Thanks for the kind words guys :) Rick - one day when having time I will come visiting you in your beautiful place. Ollie

12. dougp

dougp Active Member

Great start to November guys. Very nice work!

If you don't mind I would like to share some wood carvings of my late friend Gary Cichy. Gary was killed in a tragic work related accident in November of 2009.
    I hope his artistry will be enjoyed by some even after his passing.
    I know he would like that.

Rest In Peace my friend..........

Attached Files:

13. dougp

dougp Active Member

Competition piece....2009

Attached Files:

14. dougp

dougp Active Member

Finished piece

Attached Files:

• wc-3.jpg
      wc-3.jpg
      File size:
      77.6 KB
      Views:
  15. dougp

dougp Active Member

One more....Gary liked crappies, especially the dark spawning males.

Attached Files:

16. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

Gary's work was always and will remain inspiringf to me. He truly had the gift.

17. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Ollie love the spotted wolf fish as I've never seen that specie. If I can get it to post, here's a picture of the type we catch. This one a 30 pounder. JL

Attached Files:

18. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Nice work guys and Doug, thanks for sharing Gary's work again.......the detail is incredible.......WOW

19. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Here's a nice bluegill blank I just got around to finishing. Its from none other than our good fish friend, JIMMY LAWRENCE! Great blank with great detail that was fun to paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ November 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

Here's an old 7 pound Brookie I restored and a 31" walleye skin mount.

Attached Files: