1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Look at this rub....

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by buckmaster14, Nov 1, 2012.

1. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

One thing i have yet to figure out about deer hunting is the difference in the rubs you find... i know a rub line is basically a buck marking HIS territory, correct? Well this rub is the ONLY rub anywhere around, and its on the back edge of my foodplot next to a trail. I put 3 mock scrapes around the field with tinks power scrape and this rub showed up a week later...
    So, whats it mean?

[​IMG]

2. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

It means that a buck was there... ::)

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

he liked THAT tree?

4. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

or not.... ???

5. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

It's not a rub. That's the tree I tied my winch to. LOL

6. Numerous bucks will use the same rub. Same goes for scrapes. Put your camera up there and see what's around!

Bruce

7. antlerman

heck yeah! You may get a picture of BIGFOOT. or Rick.

8. verne

verne Well-Known Member

could be a black bear , that just decided to a little claw work on this tree. ;D

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I have seen a piticular line of trees on an edge of the woods that get rubbed on every year, it just happens to be in a spot that the deer travel past a lot. It is more of a community rub area.

10. Yea I've killed 8 bucks off one rub line over the last 5 years and been seeing bucks there all week

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. Carl Settle

Carl Settle Member

Ohio
    thats a nice rub, typically big trees being rubbed means big bucks but not always, the next time I get over to the golf course I will take some pics and post of the telephone poles that the deer have rubbed, we shed hunt there and have found some monster sheds.

12. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

That tree gets hit every year. You can see the old scars. My Dad has a pine in his yard like that. Been getting rubbed every year for 20 years. Still, I think you have a nice buck around there somewhere.

13. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

i had this buck around last year on that property .... he made it til the end of the season, so im assuming hes still around..

[​IMG]

14. Boomer Sooner

Boomer Sooner New Member

probably a nice buck however i was hunting a rub line like that one time and a little spike buck came up and began to work that tree over with his two spikes

15. antlerman

thats a nice coon

16. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

I shot a buck a few years back that had a rub on a cedar just like that. Problem was is that it was tight and you had to shoot fast. He came in and I had only on shot through a hole and only saw the tips of the antlers. It ended up being 22'' pencily 6 pointer :( So I done always use rubs as the whole story