1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

bad dealings with jasonr570! aka bear12685, aka Rachel Ross, aka MarisaR570

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by gamer360, Nov 1, 2012.

1. gamer360

gamer360 Member

A couple years ago Jason sold me some bad birds. I sent him pics. of the pin feathers and bald spots and asked him if he wanted me to send them back and he said he didn't want that ____back. I asked him if he would refund my money and then he would not respond. I didn't hear from him and then he showed up on Taxi.Net about a year later so I posted about him and he disappeared again. Then he showed up a couple weeks ago so I emailed him again and asked him if he wanted to makes things right. He said he did and offered me a mounted bird but it didn't look right and I said no but I would take a refund for the 2 birds he owed me. Then he stopped responding again. I tried once more yesterday and asked him again and no responce. He has emailed Mike Vaden and told him he offered to repay me or give me frozen specimens for my loss. Both of these things are not true. He has gone back to his lies and bad dealings again. Other people on this site and other sites have had bad dealings with Jason Ross (Jasonr570). If you have dealings with this guy be CAREFUL and STAY CLEAR.

2. jasonr570

jasonr570 New Member

Re: bad dealings with jasonr570

yes i did offer tosend him the one i had mounted or the one with a fivefoot tail that i have alive. i allso told him that if he could show me what he paid for them i would refund his money. as for him trying to contactme yesterday he never did. i have by the computer and my phone the last few days makeing shurepeople got the packages i sent out this week with the storm messing things up in some places. i did talk to mr varden about this issue and he told me it was up to me. i do feel that it is not fair for me to give him his refund with out him proveing to me what he paid for them. and at least me getting one of the two birds back. i sell birds for crafts to and if i remember right the reeves i sent him had a 5 foot plus tail and the copper both are/ were worth something for parts. he allso has my number and has not called me since we talked a few weeks ago. you can ask others i have dealt with. i have no problem refundingthe money if i get the stuff back or in some cases if its not worth sending back i tell them to keep it or throw it out. plus he never metions the free birds i shipped him so he had extra tail feathers etc. i allways send pics of the bird you are buying and if you ask i will send you as many as needed of what ever you want. i am told when i buy stuff on here to ask questions and make sure of what you are buying or its my fault if iget something i am not happy with. this was told to me by the moderators. if thats what i have to go by thats the rules every one should have to follow.

3. gamer360

gamer360 Member

Bird's

10/31/12

Reply ▼

To Rachel Herbst

Here is a copy of the email I sent to Jasonr570 yesterday that he says I did not send. As for as offering a refund he never did. I offered to send the birds back 2 yrs. ago and sent him photos. I don't have the birds now he said he did not want them. I'm sure some of you saw his mounted Reeve's, Would you want it? He know's what he owes me, he just won't pay up. The guy tells one story after another. 10/31/1012

Jason, I have talked to Mike Vaden several times and you need to stop telling him lies. You never offered to pay me back or give me a frozen specimen. You can pay me as I asked you in previous emails. You can send me $250.00 and this will be done. You stopped communications with with me about 2 weeks ago. I told you I was not interested in your mounted bird. You can send me a cashiers check or Mike Vaden. Mike

4. jasonr570

jasonr570 New Member

weres the email you saposably sent me. i never got them. you have my phone number call me if you have a problem. but i would realy like to know what address you are sending emails tobecause its not mine

5. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Jason, i sent you mikes phone number just encase you did not have it after you lied to me and said that you emailed and called. Which Neither happened. You said you sat with the phone next to your computer. Well pick it up. I never ever have a hard time reaching Mike . If you don't have the cash right now make a payment plan with him but at least call
    Mike

6. Boomer Sooner

Boomer Sooner New Member

Jason i noticed in the response you said if you dont like it or it was not what you thought you were getting just send it back. I have dealt on here and i have never had a problem with the goods i send. Just make sure you send what you are listing and tell the defects of such.

7. gamer360

gamer360 Member

Quick update on Jasonr570. He has not answered his phone or my emails like he said, and has told Mike Vaden. I have sent him several emails to settle our dealings and told him the best way to get in touch with me is by email. I even gave him other solutions to the problem and talked about it with Mike V. and then he bad mouthed Mike witch I didn't think was appropriate. I guess he will just pull his disappearing act again and not show up on Taxi.Net for a while like before. So now he is on Ebay trying to sell the same stuff he was trying to sell on here. So keep your eyes open and BEWARE of him. I will keep you informed if he reapears.

8. Re: bad dealings with jasonr570

What is his name on ebay? I would like to know so I can steer clear from him I buy a lot of stuff on ebay. Thanks, Scott

9. gamer360

gamer360 Member

On Ebay I think he was going by slayer5069 but now he has an alias and I believe it's mranella2012. He's now tried using an alias on Taxi.Net and when I find that one I will post that also.

10. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I don't have any dealing with this guy so maybe my opinion does not count? Given that he has these bad dealings and may be trying to use alias' to rip more people off, I would think that banning his IP would be in order.

Definitely post any new user names that are uncovered so those of us who keep a list can keep it updated as much as possible.

I appreciate those who have had problems with sellers posting their personal experiences to protect others.

Vic

11. gamer360

gamer360 Member

Here's a link where Jason570 has shown up on Taxi.Net before and ripped people off and most likely used a fake name to defend himself. You be the Judge. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,301770.0.html

12. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Re: bad dealings with jasonr570 aka Bear 12685

Well foaks Jason has been at it again under the alias bear12685.

If you have been taken buy Jason Ross I am sure his probation officer or parole officer in Nicholson PA would love to hear about it. It is amazing this guy is still allowed to be free stealing from more people!

http://independentweekender.com/index.php/2012/01/25/third-man-sentenced-in-theft-ring/#.Umrfm2t5mSM

[​IMG]

Jason Ross , 27, of Nicholson, PA to 9 months to 23 ½ months in Susquehanna County Correctional Facility, pay $150 fine, pay cost of prosecution, pay restitution to the victim for Theft by Unlawful Taking in Lenox Township on May 31, 2009. Mr. Ross Received 9 months to 23 ½ months in Susquehanna County Correctional Facility to run concurrent with other sentences, pay $250 fine, pay cost of prosecution, pay restitution to the victim for Theft by Unlawful Taking in Gibson Township on July 6, 2009. Mr. Ross received 9 months to 23 ½ months in Susquehanna County Correctional Facility to run concurrent with other sentences, pay $250 fine, pay cost of prosecution for Theft by Unlawful Taking in Kingsley Township on June 10, 2009. Mr. Ross received 6 months to 23 ½ months in Susquehanna County Correctional Facility to run concurrent with other sentences, pay $150 fine, pay cost of prosecution for Theft by Unlawful Taking in Oakland Township on April 21, 2009. Mr. Ross received 6 months to 23 ½ months in Susquehanna County Correctional Facility to run concurrent with other sentences, pay $150 fine, pay cost of prosecution for Theft by Unlawful Taking in Oakland Township on April 21, 2009. Mr. Ross received 6 months to 23 ½ months in Susquehanna County Correctional Facility, to run concurrent with other sentences, pay $150 fine, pay restitution to the victim, pay cost of prosecution for Theft by Unlawful Taking in Jackson Township on July 5, 2009. Mr. Ross received 6 months to 23 ½ months in Susquehanna County Correctional Facility to run concurrent to other sentences, pay $150 fine, pay cost of prosecution, pay restitution to the victim for Theft by Unlawful Taking in Springville Township on June 1, 2009. Mr. Ross received 6 months to 23 ½ months in Susquehanna County Correctional Facility to run concurrent with other sentences, pay $150 fine, pay cost of prosecution, for Theft by Unlawful Taking in Harford Township on June 1, 2009. Finally, Mr. Ross received 6 months to 23 ½ months in Susquehanna County Correctional Facility, pay $150 fine, pay cost of prosecution, pay restitution to the victim for Theft by Unlawful Taking in Harford Township on May 5, 2009. Mr. Ross received 7 years probation to run consecutive to other sentences, pay $500 fine, pay cost of prosecution, pay restitution to the victim for Theft by Unlawful Taking in Herrick Township on June 8, 2009.
    http://www.susquehannacounty-da.org/sentencings/2012/jan12.html

13. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Good For Him ! He's lucky they stopped at 23 1/2 months.. 2 years less a day is max in the county jail and he doesn't look like a guy who would fair too well in the State Big house.

Here's the difference between parole and probation. Lets say he does 9 months, gets out on parole, goes straight up to 23 months then gets a violation. He would have to do only the remaining 1/2 month.. On Probation if he only did the 9 months and got out and gets violated (even if he only has 1 week left of probation) he could do the other 14 1/2 months.. I see he has 7 yrs. probation. I'd say go get him and send him back.

14. Chaszc

Chaszc New Member

believe I was just ripped off by this fella. I am very new to the site and have had great dealings with other folks, but the one I made with bear12685 is definitely the shadiest. How do I go about getting my money back from this lowlife?

15. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

If you paid with paypal and it is within 45 days of the transaction date file a complaint with them immediately. If you paid by money order, cash, or wired the money you are probably screwed along with the others who were taken by this jerk. Hope it works out for you.

Vic

16. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

17. thenekonomicon

thenekonomicon New Member

NYC
    I bought from from bear back in September, and while I received things as they were described, what was really weird (at least to me, I don't know if this is common on Taxidermy.net), but as opposed to the normal ice pack insulation, my package was stuffed with wall insulation. I know sometimes I get packages with cotton and what not, but no this was wall insulation. It was kind of odd for me, but like I said, I'm not sure if this is common practice on this site.

18. engc237

engc237 Well-Known Member

great way to ship way better than ice packs

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I pack my hides with insulation because it works as described, as 'insulation'. Sounds like your seller took the extra expense & protection to insure that you got your package in good shape and more protected from heat environments.

Yes, that is a VERY common practice amongst most sellers on Taxi.net, insure that that you get your purchase in pristine condition although it may cost us more to keep the customer happier!

You may notice amongst the 1'000's of sales there are only a few complaints.

20. Gunnin4ursoul

Gunnin4ursoul Member

A few months ago I almost made a deal with Jason for some rabbit and pigeons Phew I am glad I didt make the deal. I say ban the IP address