1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

snake ID please??

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by bmdakk, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Re: Ron....

I too have raised both and I see a lot of red in that picture, at least on my computer. Eye appears red. Never seen a grey or black have that! Who's arguing anyway?

2. JoshK

JoshK Member

Pretty sure that is a prarie king snake.

3. coondoggie

coondoggie Member

I say corn snake. Too bad we dont have a picture of it's checkered belly ! I get them in my NJ yard alot and I am 1/2 mile away from the nearest creek or pond

4. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

The pic of its belly is on there 4th one down , LOL

5. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Hey Bryan....how long was that snake?

6. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

It's a snake that's found in the wild. :) It's not even a cool snake like a venomous snake so who cares. A friend on here recommended a book to me and I bought it. It's the "Peterson Field Guides of Reptiles and Amphibians". Great book and it will help you tremendously in identifying creepy crawlies. :)

7. This is not a rat snake.... the checkered belly is a tell tale sign of a Milk Snake. Another way of identifying a milk snake is by looking on the nape of the neck. There will be a tan or reddish mark just below the head that will look like a "Y" or "V" shape.

8. Corn snake never seen a milk snake that wasn't banded

Sent from my Prism using Ohub Campfire mobile app

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LMAO Do any of you guys know what Kerby specializes in???? My money is on him.

10. bmdakk

Not to mention the snake has already turned back into dirt. This was posted almost a year ago. LOL

11. Ok,

Since there seems to be several opinions as to what this snake is, I have included a link with pictures.

http://www.google.com/#gs_rn=23&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=11&gs_id=18&xhr=t&q=Eastern+Milk+snake&es_nrs=true&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=Eastern+Mil&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.50165853,d.dmg&fp=f2bd1c3b4d992752&biw=1600&bih=754

12. I apparently should have read the rest of the thread before I posted my link, But since George Roof mentioned it.... curiosity makes me wonder. What does Kirby specialize in?

13. bmdakk

LOL, Reptiles. He breeds them!!!! He is the goto guy on snakes and other reptiles.!!!!

14. Wow...then I too would go with Kerby. Although I never claim to be an expert, I learned a long time ago I you don't specialize in something you may be wrong...LOL So I may be wrong in saying its a Milk Snake