1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

big buck killed in va

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by TIM DUNCAN, Nov 2, 2012.

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

this buck was killed in chase city county 10-30-2012

Attached Files:

2. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Saw that pic on facebook , everyone was bashing the guy and saying it was a ranch deer....... ::) Do you know anything about it ?

3. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

But then again look at your profile pic lmao !!! You guys can grow'em wide down'der !

ya i killed him 2006 27 1/4 inches wide and that was free ranging no ranch here i will see what else i can find out and get back to yal
  5. steamvalley

steamvalley some cleaned and dipped skulls

I put money on the fact that this was not ranch killed. It is in a gas station in the back of a pickup truck that cost less than the buck would tied down with a ratchet strap. This guy was proud of his kill. As he should be.
  6. don't ranch deer usually grow in girth and points, not just in width? lol
  7. It won't score very good, but will make a great mount, You just have to love wide racks.
  8. Carl Settle

Carl Settle New Member

great looking buck, probably had a hard time moving thru heavy cover
  9. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Is gas really $3.39 a gallon?
  10. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I am so tired of every time a guy gets a great buck, the theories and bashing begin. Unless one has some real proof, STFU!
    That's this man's opinion anyway.
  11. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Stop Talking French Uterus???
  12. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

I think the photo has been doctored. Compare the width of the tailgate to the rack. Looks fishy to me. Nothing to do with you Tim. If its real, it will be on every deer magazine cover in the country.
  13. Here is another picture .

Attached Files:

14. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Active Member

When I saw the pic in fb, it was a guy holding it up, and I commented that something didnt appear right, mentioning one of the beams. Seeing it now in this pic, it seems to look legit. I doubt its out of a high fence farm though. They typically have a "look" that many of us recognize. Spread credit cannot exceed beam length so the score might suffer, but eye appeal wins out every time. Id love to mount it, thats a cool looking deer.
  15. I think the guys last name is Rompala or something like that . ;D just kidding
  16. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

Man, that deer is just stunning!!! Score be damned I'd be proud as a new Daddy to have that on my wall!
  17. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Score never interested me but that buck sure does!
  18. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

So is gas really $3.39?

it was taken on the 30th of Oct in Chase City, Va. 32" inside spread and scored 186 3/4 free ranging what a beast
  20. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Yea guess your right LMAO, IT IS MANDITORY THAT ALL DEER LIVING IN RANCH CONDITIONS TO ONLY GROW ANTLERS IN GIRTH & POINTS & DEFFINATELY NOT SPREAD . If they grow with a large spread they get shunned by all their heavily massed peers and automatically die of excessive spreadism ::) ::) ::) ::) :p