1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pink or pink camo antler mount covering

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Wildside, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

I have a young girl wanting pink or pink camo leather for an antler mount. Anyone know or have an idea for a supplier? I know I can get regular material at a fabric store, but wondered if there is a leather supplier or something better.

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I still buy buckskin from Quil Ceda in Marysville, Washington. She has colors though I don't know about pink. If she does, you could take Magic Markers and draw the camo patterns.

3. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

I don't know how well it would work, but why not just get a natural piece of white leather and use a fabric dye on it?

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Pink rock mix will look good

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

pink flocking perhaps?

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I have never seen "Pink Camo LEATHER" but JoAnn Fabrics has all kinds of Pink Camo FABRIC.

7. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

For something that small it would be easier to get some white or off-white leather and just airbrush it. Make some random shapes to use as stencils and move them around. Spray with 3 or 4 shades of pink and one shade of light tan to make it have a little bit more depth.

8. wmcole

wmcole New Member

You could buy one of the antler cover McKenzie sells and ship it to me to have camo'd in pink. Here is a pic of some I had at the World Show,
    the pink will be similar to white camo shown. I will just a pink base-coat instead of white.

Attached Files:

• p_7.jpg
      p_7.jpg
      File size:
      49 KB
      Views:
  9. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Walmart has pink felt. Felt works good for antler mounts.

10. http://www.doublejsaddlery.com has pink camo stingray leather that they use as accents on their tack. You might be able to buy a piece.
    Iv seen metallic pink lamb skin leather on eBay before. I used to make my own horseshow clothes and lamb skin was usually used for appliqués. They make some really cool colors!

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

X2 Cole. I have one that I plan to do that to.

12. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

tandy also might have some pink dyed leather..i've seen it in the past there

13. duxdown

duxdown New Member

I did my first antler cap useing rock mix a few months ago and it works great! I may have to sell that pink Idea to someone soon.

14. X2, then i would tape off the antlers and panel and then use small branches, leaves, etc and lightly spray black paint over the pink rock mix to enhance the camo look.

This is the back rest on my ranch golf cart, using plastic foliage from Hobby Lobby and various spray paint colors.

[​IMG]

15. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Pink camo would be EXTREMELY dangerous to use for ANYTHING on a turkey hunt. I cringe every time I see it promoted in any way.

16. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

Is someone turkey hunting? I don't think it's that dangerous when used on an antler mount.

17. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Did you read what I wrote? Keep portraying pink camo as cute and cool and it will eventually find it's way into the woods during the spring.

18. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

I'm gonna wait til they come out with a cool red/white/blue patriot camo before I change my spring turkey attire. ;)

19. They have

[​IMG]

20. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

I said a "cool" red white blue camo.