1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Weird Buffalo skull.

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Head Hunting Iowan, Nov 7, 2012.

1. So I havent finished degreasing, the horns aint on right, but I dont care lol. My issues with this are its strange horns, and the bone growth right down the middle of its snout. It goes all the way back to the brain cavity. I havent done many buffalo, so maybe these 2 things arent abnormal, but here ya go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. It's a nasal septum for the nose. This is cartilaginous normally. If it's truly bone on this one I would leave it here. No ideas on horns.

3. eurosbyRT

eurosbyRT Skull Designs

I had one come in like that, it was 24 years old, im guessing this one is older also, I just broke it out so it looked better

4. AH7

AH7 New Member

Looks cow-ish to me. Could it be a hybrid?

5. I'm not sure, the guy I got he head from doesnt have any cows, just buffalo.

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Looks more like a water buffalo. Not the bison type. Agreed that it might just be what we normally see as cartilage that has calcified due to age. Maybe call the customer in, give him a look and ask how he would like it.

7. jbconnected

jbconnected Member

Beefalo?

8. Its mine to keep. The other one he gave me looked normal.

9. michael69

michael69 Active Member

Ive seen that on older moose before....