1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

YouTube clip for Envision 3D Studio

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Fishermans Tale, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Fishermans Tale

Fishermans Tale Member

Hi from the West Coast of Canada!
    Thought I would forward this link. Apparently, people are interested in how models are made and who makes them. I was asked to do a brief presentation as though speaking to a group students. The video will be part of an interactive display. Thanks for checking it out.
    Dave
    http://youtu.be/RBTSVFn4uOU

2. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Nice presentation Dave! I watched it right before I'm going to kick back and watch some t.v. before bed. The video was interesting and very relaxing. I liked the "blobby", bright yellow Octupus. That color is the exact color my future early Bronco will be!

3. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

SWEEEEEEEET Dave!

4. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

That was really groovy.

5. K.N Fish Taxidermy

K.N Fish Taxidermy Kenneth Newton Phone#804-867-7736

Awesome!

6. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

very nice!!

7. That's awesome thanks for sharing. It's always inspiring to see another mans work..

All the best-CT

8. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Having molded and cast a ratfish, I found it very interesting and it certainly gives me something to strive for when I make another. Nice detail to the head and the eyes were great!
    jerry

Here's a previously posted photo of mine.....
    [​IMG]

9. Fishermans Tale

Fishermans Tale Member

Thanks guys.
    Lol, Marty I'll send you the paint schedule!

10. Very cool Dave! I still need to paint my Rat Fish. Thanks for sharing!

11. Very cool love discovering new sea life,thanks for the video.

12. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Got a king salmon blank from Dave, and let me say he puts as much attention to detail into his commercial fish blanks as he does his museum pieces. This king is a personal piece for me, and I couldn't be happier.
    Best, Scott

13. Very Cool Dave! Enjoyed watching that!

14. Larry_Q

Larry_Q New Member

cool video.I like the LEDs in the vampire squid didnt know you could do that. Have you made a mold of a Sea Robin?

15. Thats amazing

16. Fishermans Tale

Fishermans Tale Member

Noah, what is the length of your Ratfish?
    Cool background, where is displayed?
    Larry Q, I did a Sea Robin for the Great North Museum in NewCastle Upon Tyne. I had a guy in the UK cast one for me but I misplaced his contact info. He also did a Thornback Ray replica for me. I think it was a one off plaster mold. The blanks were brittle since he didn't have the materials we are so privilged to have in North America. I'm sure I could source him out again and forward his info.
    Thanks for all the encouraging comments.

17. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    My ratfish is about 23 inches and is displayed on my showroom wall. The photo has a PhotoShop background of an aquarium I shot at the Georgia Aquarium. I made another cast for the Ray Troll (from Ketchikan AK) exhibit PLANET OCEAN that you may have seen. It traveled to a number of museums across the US.......Cal. Academy, Denver MNH, the Smithsonian and a number of others that don't come to mind presently.