1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

james forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 24/7, Nov 11, 2012.

1. 24/7

24/7 New Member

I used forms from James taxi supply for all my mounts last year and have used the first few this year. I love James supply and their forms are great. The only problem I have is the nose pad always seems to be a littlle narow across the front from nostril to nostril is a little too narrow. Easy fix with a little apoxi sculpt on the inside of each nostril. Just wondering if its just a difference others have when using different forms. Just to be clear,James supply is great to work with and have great service and products, just trying to figure out if its just a problem with the way I am doing things and what it may be. I have asked them about it and they say they have had no other complaints from my area.

2. lonewolf1330

lonewolf1330 Member

TN
    i had some issues with the nose area to i put different nose on em and they work great

3. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

What other answer would you expect. . . if it's happening on a regular basis change form manufactures. With all the choices why switch out noses or apoxie anything. Just use a form that fits the deer from your area better with out the extra work. Simple fix. Doesn't mean their forms are no good they just don't fit the deer from your area well.

4. 24/7

24/7 New Member

Apreciate the reply Lonewolf,I was just curious. I wanted to come up and see you about some finishing lessons this summer but never got enough ahead to take time off to get up there. You do great work.

5. lonewolf1330

lonewolf1330 Member

TN
    24/7 you needanything im not far from you just let me know
    critter i use many different forms i just really like the owners of james and any time i can give them buisness i do i can also drive and get forms and save shipping i sculpted a replacement nose and made a mold and pour my own and doesnt take long but for the inexperienced i do agree with you