1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The bigguns are start'n to fall !!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by fozziebear, Nov 13, 2012.

1. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Here are some big Michigan bucks , the one has 16 pts !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dihard

dihard aim small miss small

nice racks !!! what is the average weight for a big deer (dressed out) in Michigan ? in maine the top 10 biggest bucks shot for 2011 were over 250 and the biggest one was 282

3. doublelung

doublelung Member

Sweet, all I can say is those will be some happy hunters when they come and pickup there heads because you do some good work Fozz.

4. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Sure ain`t Interlochen :-\ spike capital of the world :mad: real nice Rick .

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Noticed the BIG ones do not have that orange tag that says it is a little State deer. :)

6. WOW

7. cwt

cwt Active Member

Had 3 real nice ones come in the past 2 days.

8. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

very nice!! I love to see pics like that.

9. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Paul NONE of these are ranch or out of state deer
    NO BS. Just took tags off while skinning and
    didnt put them on for the pic yet. I would'nt BS YA !

10. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

The big one in the middle was shot by my buddy in Lowell Mi.
    Thanks for the compliment Doublelung !!
    Diehard, I didnt get a weight on these guys but I would guess they weighed in around 210 - 225 maybe.

11. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    Looks like you are piling them up Rick. I guess being a famous TV personality is paying off LOL

12. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Oh man , if I had a dollar for every time I've heard that in the last couple days lol.

13. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    You gotta do what ya gotta do. As long as it works.

14. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Hey I'm in NO WAY good at scoring nontyp's so can some of ya that are throw a few #'s on that 16pt from just the pics? Thanks

15. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

When I read the title I thought you were refering to the General's

16. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

haaa ;D
    I was guessing 155 cuz of the mass , super heavy, I wish I knew how to correctly score nontyps , someday I will take the time to figure it out lol ! ;D

17. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

He may fall somewhere in between your guess and mine, but that mass doesn't add up very fast and neither do those short sticker points.

To score a non typicals gross is nothing more that adding in the nontypical points with the typical points. It's not undil your scoring for net that things get more complicated. But for bragging rights, lets go with gross. :)

18. tem

tem Well-Known Member

wow rick. you must be doing something right ;D have fun with them. and post some pictures. you do great work. opening day is near and i hope one like one of those comes walking by :). have fun.

19. Matt

Matt Active Member

Wow, nice Rick! They are knocking down some big ones around here as well. 5 in the last week were over 180" with one being 196" and some change. It's shaping up to be a great season. Now, if I can just put my tag on one!(LOL)

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Great job Rick, proud of you buddy!!!