1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone else suffering from anxiety?!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by buckmaster14, Nov 14, 2012.

1. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

Went on a hunt today before i had to be at work (6). I hunted on the ground, didnt wear any camo, except for my normal camo jacket.. with my workshirt underneath... I had my grunt call and rattling antlers. Well i did a few rattle and grunt sequences.. for the first hour nothing showed... but in the last 15 minutes of shooting light... around 530, i did it one last time. Immediately i heard walking, and branches cracking... to big to be a squirrel...
    It kept gettin closer, and closer. I picked up the gun and shouldered it in the direction the deer was coming from... It was thick... so when the deer came into view, it was at only 30 yards, and closing the distance fast. I saw rack.......
    I centered on the shoulder with a slight quartering to me angle, and pulled the trigger. The deer spun around and ran ( slowly) up the hill... i heard him for about 4 seconds then it all went quiet. Being that i had to be at work in 15 i got up and walked back to the loggin road, and reloaded my rifle. I have to walk through a bean field back to my truck.
    When i get into the field... i see 3 deer in the field to my right. I am 60 yards from them, they just stare at me...while im talkin on the phone to my buddy... i tell him to hold on... and let another bullet fly. ( i know a family that needs meat.) That deer spun a circle and ran away from the woods, across the bean field and over the knolll out of my sight... I made it to my truck, and went to work.

I do not know if i hit any of these deer... but its in the upper 30s tonight so i knew the meat would be ok to wait til i got back..... but the suspense is killing me..

Does it sound like i hit the buck? He diidnt tear out like a bat out of hell, he spun around and slowly went up the hill in a labored trot....

2. hooked

hooked New Member

that's poor hunting to just go out and shoot an animal and not try to see if you hit it or not then walk out and shoot another one. I don't care if you have the tags to do so or not! There could be two animals that are wounded and hurting or dead at this point. Chances of finding those deer in the thick woods is hard to do. If you don't have time to properly harvest an animal don't pull the trigger. people like you make me sick. I thought you where trying to grow big bucks that's not the way to manage deer. Sounds like you are just out shooting everything you see. Time to grow up. Use your head.

3. buckmaster14

Ummm, who the hell r you to judge me?

How is this any different than if i had decided to let the deer go til the morning cause i was unsure of the shot?
    I wanted to go HUNTING.. i went HUNTING and i shot a reallly nice buck. But, i have other responsibilities on top of finding the deer right away... I didnt ask u to judge me... stop acting like a bad ass behind a computer screen.

Also, i did walk down to where the buck stood but i realized i had left my flash light in the truck so i couldnt tell if there was any blood...

4. hooked

hooked New Member

I'm not judging you just giving you my opinion. I'm not a bad ass or trying to act like one behind a computer. I feel you made a poor decision. Say you don't find the deer then what you go out and shoot more decreasing the population. You where rushed and if shooting deer and not trying to properly locate a blood spot or the deer is not a pressing situation then you don't need to be in the field. You should dedicate adiquite time to hunt. I understand a man has to work to live. You are abusing your rights to hunt and actions like that affect other hunters. I would be more understanding if you shot the first deer found a sign that you hit him and backed out to let him die. But shooting him and turning around walking out and blasting another to let it die is wrong. ( my opinion again) so tame your testosterone and if you didn't feel what you did was wrong you prob would get so defensive about it. Your posting on a public forum prepair yourself for ridicule. Sorry for bursting your bubble.

5. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

My opinion, if you don't have the time to put into even looking for that deer you should never have shouldered your rifle! As a hunter you have a responsibility to the animal you are hunting.

All this does is give hunters another black eye. Next time stay home if you have to work in the evening and save wasting bullets and possibly wasting deer. What do you do if you go back and coyotes have devoured both because you made no effort to recover that animal?

Sadly I know what you will do, you will pull the same stunt again and come here and post again asking what everyone thinks...

6. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I agree with Ted and hooked, now everyone start jumping our ass, like what was done on his other post. This is just plain irresponsible, these animals deserve more respect than just wacking and stacking without even bothering to follow up after the shot. I don't care how old you are, this is just plain stupid. I wonder if GaryC will still offer to show you how to mount your deer for free now. I never posted on your other thread because I felt like some of the other folks but not now. Oh and one other thing if you we're unsure of the shot most respectful hunters would still have followed up on the shot and then back out.

7. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

While I totally believe that you are trolling....

I believe you wrote about the same type of crap last year..

JACKASS, trolling or not. Judging, hell yes I am..Don't give a hoot whether you asked for it or not.
    Troll..

8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXmT5NtSS5g

9. so will you still tag them if coyotes get them

10. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    They do this very thing on almost all the hunting shows especially the bow hunters!

11. jbconnected

jbconnected Member

Responsibility

12. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

seems to me he is taking after the farmer that lets him hunt. Last year he was talking about the farmer shooting them and letting them lay....

13. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Did you hit the buck? I hope you cleanly missed both. You are an irresponsible hunter. You shot at more deer so another family can have meat... But didn't go after the meat?!?!
    Everything else has already been said....

14. buckmaster14

Damn y'all... yes im tagging both deer whether coyotes get them or not... What the hell is the deal? theres is no difference IMO of shooting a deer, being unsure of the shot and lettin them lie til the next morning... I'm lettin them sit 5 hrs. big deal.. im at work, i have a job.... my boss has already told me work comes before hunting and if i miss work because of it im fired. But, i never have time to hunt because of school and work... so i take every chance i can... Its not like i shot a small buck either... its a really respectable buck.

Its in the 30s tonight the meat is fine, and i will go to attempt to recover the deer in an hour., i never had the intention of just leaving them laying.

15. hooked

hooked New Member

Sounds like your priorities are in a jumble....

16. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

It doesn't matter the size, the point is you made NO effort to recover them because you had to go to work. If you have to leave a hunt to go to work then either DON'T fire or DON'T HUNT until you can make a day of it.

You get pissed off at all of us because of what YOU posted ??? Do you expect everyone to just say gee I hope you find em' kid, or tell you that you made the right choice ?? Newsflash...you didn't make the right choice. Hunt when you can make every effort needed, if you are short on time either find time or wait til you have time!

17. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Buckmastet14. Either you are an idiot, or you are an idiot. I haven't figured it out yet. Please post more ridiculous stories/questions!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. reddogloki

reddogloki New Member

Don't want to laugh in a serious post but that was funny right there Cory.

19. buckmaster14

What is the difference in what i did and a hunter leaving a deer to lay overnight? If a coyote is going to get it, a coyote will get it, be it in 10 minutes or 8 hours. it happens.

20. A respectable buck? Who cares. Bad call man. I hope (for the deers sake) you find them. Why would you ask us if you hit the deer? YOU are the one who pulled the trigger. And why do you need your boss to tell you that "work comes before hunting?" Any "responsible" adult would already know that. I can understand getting excited and wanting to hunt. But, you have to do it responsibly.

BTW If the first deer was only 30yds from you and shot it with a rifle quartering to you, and it ran away in a laboring trot. then it sounds too me like you completely missed the shoulder and possibly gut shot it. Just my opinion.