1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ideas for short cut cape

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by kyddm, Nov 14, 2012.

1. kyddm

kyddm New Member

Would anyone have any ideas for this short cut cape besides a neck mount? Shame it was cut short. Heck of a six pointer.

[​IMG]

2. wright

wright Timothy Wright

michael p's rock..

3. Ozark woods has a D-2 white tail form that works perfect for this, only one pose upright to the right.

4. kyddm

kyddm New Member

Good idea Tim.

John,
    Does Ozark Woods have a website showing this form? Cannot seem to find anything other than the krowtann site.

Thanks guys!

5. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

X2 or use some kind of habitat, like an artificial branch with leaves. I've used both with great results.

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I simply cut off the mannikin where I run out of skin, and attach a new backboard.

7. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

WASCO wedge

8. Full sneak form............you will be amazed. Plus Michael P's rock idea to boot.

FULL SNEAK FORM. doesnt require as much cape.

9. I agree.....Michael P's Rock would simply "rock" this mount!

10. kyddm

kyddm New Member

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I think I will decide on the form and then just see how short it actually is. Depending on how much it is short, I may cut the backboard or install habitat-rock like you suggest. May have to do both. We'll see.

Rick,
    I will check out the wedge form.

Again,
    Thanks everyone!
    Dave

11. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Just finished one of these. I did a small habitat scene with rocks, tree limb, and some moss. Customer loved it ( as did I cause I charged for it!)

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

They left a little neck meat for you,, don't ya love it?

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That's a big, beautiful deer. Looks like your cape is offset a little where some cape will reach the back. I'd staple what ever will go all the way to the backboard and simply use rock and habitat on the rest :)

Good luck.

14. Arduckaholic

Arduckaholic New Member

Why not use a different cape

15. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

I dont think that deer was cut in half at all. It looks like it was hit by a train! Do the rock thing. I think thats your best bet.

16. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Why? Why not make it work?

17. kyddm

kyddm New Member

After looking at the wedge form, I thought it would work best, but he did not like it for some reason. Also mentioned a new cape, didn't like that either.
    Habitat it will be then.

T,
    Yeah, I love when they leave that much meat on them. LOL! It looks like they just cut through the whole deer. And this guy is a butcher in a grocery store.