1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

So Is it True???

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by PintoDeer, Nov 15, 2012.

Reasons

Poll closed Feb 23, 2013.
  1. wolves

8.7%
  2. out of town "celeb" hunters killing everything

4.3%
  3. too many stupid conversation people

17.4%
  4. too many animals in previous years, killing pastures [the old yellowstone claim]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

34.8%
  6. What am I talking about - more deer than ever

34.8%
  1. PintoDeer

PintoDeer New Member

Couldn't think of where else to post this.

Anyways, I've decided to get back into hunting [after waylaid for about 3 years - car accident] and thinking to try deer and sheep. I used to hunt predators but want to try something new.

Got one question.

Most of my friends who hunt deer and sheep claim that there isn't enough animals.

Or at the very least you got to look harder for the real prize animals.

You research anything on the web and ya get bunch of worthless idea. Google 'shit' engine more like it. Some scientists say there's too many animals even.

So I'd like some thoughts before I hike out for a day and find myself looking at nothing but the snow and forest.

Have you guys found it harder to find animals?

2. Your friend probable just isn't worth a damn at hunting.
    If you think going out for a day hiking, Is going to get you a trophy whitetail. Best advise to you is stay home.
    It takes scouting,patience, knowledge,skills, and a dap of luck. Take out any of those and your pissing in the wind!

3. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Weird

4. Yep don't it just make you shake your head and roll your eyes upward ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You tell him Glen.

There are more whitetail deer in North America than at any other time in history. Your friend should be a "I vegetarian". That's an old Indian term for "can't hunt."

6. PintoDeer

PintoDeer New Member

Let's get this straight, ya yote bred mutt lovers.

I've never hunted deer before, so you could give some assistance instead of showing how closely related your mother was to your father.

My usual catch is cougar. Any of you tree hugging deer lovers tried that? How about bear and I'm not talking sitting in the tree pissing my pants - I'm talking from horse back.

So before you city lovers who come out to the city start yipping at me like a bitch in heat, shut up and give some help.

Otherwise do me a favour - I am probably olde than most of you - and piss off.

I'm too old to listen to a bunch of thropy game hunters.

7. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

You may dew better to go to one of the hunting sights like Huntingnet. Good luck in you endeavour.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Crotchety old ****er aint he! LOL. Alright PD, where you from. Deer numbers up or down can vary as much as the cost for a cup of coffe in McDonalds and Starbucks.

Information please sir.

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Tighten your belts, boys... Im thinking theres some leg pulling going on. If not, Im going to zip this one soon, lol.

10. PintoDeer

PintoDeer New Member

LOL

God. Nearly busted a gut. Been a long time since I had a laugh like that.

Was that supposed to be a threat, boy? And yeah at 52 you're still a boy to me.

I've faced boar nastier than you with my dogs, can't quite say uglier because damned if it isn't close.

What do you hunt, billy boy? Deer? 950 yards maybe a bit more? Or do you crawl up the tree stand?

When I retired from work - government - I decided to pass the last of my years doing what I loved as a boy. Hunting. I've hunted across the north americas, through europe and in africa. I've hunted the big five.

You can bitch all you want but as I am trying to figure out if these little deer are worth the hassle.

For my state, currently Colorado. Missouri born and bred.

11. Alive Again

Alive Again New Member

Numbers are way down everywhere. Especially Colorado. At last tally they only came up with 1,206 deer in Colorado. Only 4 of them were antlered. Better stay home, it might take weeks of walking, over hundreds of miles, to even cut a fresh deer track. :'(

12. Jorlan

Jorlan New Member

..........Conversation People :-\

13. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

I can't figure this guy out.

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

All my hunters had a bad year in Colorado.

15. HAHA this should be good. Come on Billy Boy!!!

16. DL

DL Well-Known Member

There's never been enough deer.

17. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

This is a taxidermy site,and Guarentee all the deer here are already dead!!!!!.... LMAO!!!!! Billy Boy! Haha!

18. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Please check out Huntingnet.com

19. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Wow what a tough old salt, with damn thin skin.

20. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Insults the site moderator and with less than 10 post under his belt. He won't make it to 20 post on this site, Billy boy will zip his crusty butt.