1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Richard Jeppson passed away last night

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Mary Krueger (rugmaking), Nov 15, 2012.

1. Just opened an e-mail from Terry Bennett with this sad news. Terry will get back to me with funeral arrangement information which I will post here for anyone who wishes to send Karen a card.

Many of you may not know who Richard was or what he had done during his life in our industry and outside the industry. I found the article posted below which really sums it up. After reading this article a quote from Albert Pine comes to mind, "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

RIP, Richard. My life was richer from knowing you.

http://easternidahoieee.org/2005/jeppsonopeningarticle1.htm

2. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Dang I am truly so sorry to hear this. I met him many NTA shows ago, and of course, am familiar with his work too. My condolences to his family. So sad to hear.

3. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

My sincere condolences to the the family and many friends of Richard... We all owe him a thanks for the efforts put out for our industry by him..

"chi pisa lachike" my friend....

4. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

My condolances to the family. I have known Richard since the mid 70's and as Mary said ,'my life was richer from knowing him. He showed my some neat taxidermy methods. RIP ,Richard

5. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Didn't knowm Richard well, just from a few western shows. Always seemed ready to share his knowlege. Sympathies and best wishes to the family.

6. Instructor

Instructor Member

Condolances to the Family and May you Rest in Peace Richard.Great Friend !

Manny Chavez

7. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

RIP RIchard, Very sorry to here this. Condolences.

8. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Prayers go out. Richard was a great person I was very glad to have met.

9. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Sorry to hear this. Richard judged my deer the first year I ever competed. Later on he was like my mentor as I did a "ride along" with him before I became a certified judge. I even got to judge a few of his pieces at the last Idaho competition.
    Condolences to you Karen, and the family.
    Thank you Richard for all you did for me and the entire taxidermy industry. You will be missed.

10. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

Prayers go out to Karen and the Jeppson family. Danny and I have great memories with Richard and Karen through the years. He did great things for our industry. RIP my friend.

11. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Wow ... truly sad news! My heart goes out to Karen and their family. Richard was a damn good Taxidermist, and a first rate man! I was lucky to attend the first Western Regional that Richard put on. He had a great show, with a great lineup of seminars. I still have the silver belt buckle for my Squirrel mount, and whenever I look at it, I fondly recall that show, and all the great folks Cheryl and I met there. Rest in peace, Richard. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

12. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

One of the greats. RIP

13. alexm

alexm New Member

Sad to here met him 20 years ago rip

14. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

I was truly saddened to hear about Richards passing. I too have known him for years and could not say enough good things about him and his contributions to our industry.
    Rest in peace my friend and may the angles above welcome you and comfort your wife Karen and your intire family.
    Taxidermy has given us all some great memories and truly special friends.

15. EA

EA Well-Known Member

My Condolences to Richard's Family.

16. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    Blank Blank Blank Blank Blank Blank Blank
    Richard Jeppson
    Obituary

Richard Joel Jeppson
    POCATELLO - Richard Joel Jeppson, 65, of Pocatello, Idaho, husband of Karen J. Jeppson, passed away peacefully following a courageous battle with prostate cancer on Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital with family and friends by his side.
    A complete obituary will be in a future edition of the Idaho State Journal. Per his instructions, Richard requested cremation and wanted no funeral services of any kind.
    The family would like to express their deep appreciation to Quinn Meadows and the Huntsman Cancer Hospital for their loving and compassionate care of Richard.

Published in Idaho State Journal on November 17, 201

17. Matt

Matt Active Member

Very sad, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

18. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

How sad it is to hear of a loss in our community. Richard was a taxidermist and a business man who lived a life worth living! God Speed Richard and prayers to your family and friends!

Rick Krane

19. Here is the address if anyone wishes to send Karen a card or a note.

Karen Jeppson
    7986 West Buckskin
    Pocatello, Idaho 83201

20. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Thank you Mary!