1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tannery of choice

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by AaronWolf, Nov 15, 2012.

1. AaronWolf

AaronWolf Member

looking for some referrals for a tannery. i have tanned all my hides in the past but have an ever increasing demand for soft tanned wall hangings and bear rugs. i want a good solid, good customer service etc, not to mention a good product. i am based in the midwest, so anything close would save on shipping. any advice you all have for your tannery of choice would help me narrow down my options. thanks

2. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    The Wildlife Gallery
    http://www.thewildlifegallery.com/tannery/about_our_alum_tan.html

Started using them last year. They've been tanning my lifesize, wall hangers, and African Capes. I like their Alum Tan. Real nice stuff.

3. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Arlington Cape is who I have been using the past 2 years, I use to use Modern Fur now owned by Wildlife Gallery but found about Arlington Cape and have been using them since.

4. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    He was asking about lifesize skins/wallhangers. That said, I send Arlington my Whitetails, but after an incident with a lifesize ... no more lifesize skins go there. But they are A-1 for Whitetail ... both capes and body skins. They have done very nice Bear skins as well ... but Bear are nice and large, so it's hard to cut them up. Not impossible, but hard.

5. Hard to beat Yost fur in wisconsin for wallhanging and furbearer tans, now bears wildlife gallery and east coast tannery

6. I agree with Yost also use Microtan.