1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ups or USPS

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jkjohn, Nov 18, 2012.

1. jkjohn

jkjohn New Member

Do y'all like UPS or USPS better for shipping as far as speed and price.
    thanks

2. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Not even close, use USPS.

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

UPS isn't part of my vocabulary anymore, that about sums it up for me.

4. Re: Ups or USPS

fedex for large and usps for small.

5. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

I would recommend UPS over usps and fed ex ground any day . I have had problems with all carriers, but usps and Fed Ex ground are more prone to miss delivery times in our experience.

6. Andysmith

Andysmith Member

ups. price is pretty close to the same. usps is slower than trying to drop turd after eating a block of cheese. and tracking number is worthless

7. ;D Now that's funny....UPS is increasing prices 4-5% for the new year, USPS is too slow and I agree the tracking number only tells you when it left and when you get it....I prefer FedEx because they have an early delivery to my location (9am) and they deliver on Saturdays to my location at no extra charge.

8. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

x2
    x2

usps is fine if you aren't in any hurry, but you get what you pay for in shipping just like anything else.

9. backcountrychad

Sorry guys, I get shipments every day to my studio. USPS is as fast or dang close and usually half the price. UPS is a freaking joke anymore.

10. Sorry guys, I get shipments every day to my studio. USPS is as fast or dang close and usually half the price. UPS is a freaking joke anymore.
    [/quote

ha ha !! USPS cant even get my mail to me . some times the nabers give my mail to me , screw them fed x no way they cant find the house ,, UPS how ever will call me when I get frozen goods or have a question and they always deliver on time . Pay more I don't concider that!! I just want what I order the customer price is built into there mount , Mark C

11. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

The speed of USPS seems to depend on where it's coming from or going to. Normally I get stuff just as fast with USPS as I do with any other shipper. My wife ships a lot with her internet site.....nearly 100% USPS and never a problem. UPS that's a different story.........

12. Toeknee22

Toeknee22 New Member

Spee dee delivery in the midwest beats them all hands down, about half the price and extremely fast!!

13. backcountrychad

well my experience has been the total opposite. Use what works best for you.

14. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    It must be in the location. My Usps is a joke. Since my local hub closed , our mail travel's 120 mile's to get sorted and is handled by 8 people to get 10 mile's down the road, Ups leave's them standing in the dust.

15. backcountrychad

I think your exactly right Andy. It's a people and location thing.

16. Matt

Matt Active Member

It must be, my post office goes above and beyond to get things to me and even calls me when shipment has come in. They are a small office in a small town, but great people to work with. I think that really makes a difference.

17. Ups or USPS

I like fed ex first and then USPS

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

18. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I ship nearly daily using USPS. No matter where it goes, it usually gets there in 2 days using their boxes. No complaints there. UPS seems to run over my packages with the big brown truck. FedEx takes longer but at least they take care of it while they have it. If it doesn't fit in a USPS box, I ship FedEx.

19. If they would hire people that have an IQ above 20 here woukd help , But like you said what ever works for you is your best thing.

20. I always use Fed Ex the chick that delivers is SMOKIN!