1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

7 Point Down.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by buckmaster14, Nov 23, 2012.

1. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

I made something in that evaporates deer scent and carries the scent downwind... I had special golden estrous in it this morning and this buck came charging in from directly down wind from me. Shot him at 65 yards broadside.... Im happy with it even though its only a 2 year old..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Deerman

Deerman Member

SC
    congrats,what did you make that evaporates sent?

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Nice buck. Are you required to tag the deer in your State? Our State requires us to tag the deer before we even move it, yet I see so many photos of untagged deer.

4. No tags here T, no ckeck in at all unless on a WMA. Nice deer BM.

5. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

good season so far for you congrats my 8 year old missed a 8 pointer yesterday thanksgiving night

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Michigan has voluntary check stations for the DNR cops to guess the age of your buck. Heavy on the guess.

7. Mason

Mason Active Member

Congrats!
    Good lookin deer.

8. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Congrats BM! Nice Buck.

Now Go get a hair cut ! [email protected] hippies everywhere. ;D

9. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Congrats nice looking deer

10. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Curious, how many bucks are you allowed to kill in a year?

11. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

X 2 on what antlerman said...sounds like an open season

12. South Dakota tags deer on one of the rear legs.

13. buckmaster14

2 bucks a year, 4 does. i have killed a 6 point and this seven point and one doe. so im tagged out on bucks and have 3 doe tags left.

And No, there is no tag that must be present on the deer itsself. in nc you simply punch a hole in a piece of paper that has your "tags" on it, and then report it either by phone or online within 24 hours for a confirmation number.

14. buckmaster14

I took a piece of thin wall steel pipe and tack welded small metal rods across the inside diameter of the pipe... i drilled 3 small holes near the bottom of the pipe for air about 2 inches from the bottom. You buy small scent free candles that come in the small tin cups, use one of the cups for the deer scent, which sits up on the metal rods, and place another candle on the ground inside the pipe, under the cup of deer scent. The heat from the candle warms the small tin cup enough to cause the scent to start steaming, which drifts downwind.

15. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

What about the other two deer that are probably laying dead some where? Do you not have to be responsible for those?

16. buckmaster14

If you do not find the deer it is not considered a harvest.

17. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

Same thing in VA, just notch your tag for deer and call in to get your tag number...you still have to check in turkey and bear at a check in station though...had a friend get a ticket already this year though for not notching his tag, he called it in and wrote down the number but still got a ticket. I bet he won't ever get one again though.

18. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

I'm not talking about finding the deer you carelessly shot at... Everyone makes a bad shot at some point in their life, but the difference is you weren't taking ethical shots. You were just slinging lead in hopes of killing one. I think careless, poor decisions like you made should hold you responsible for those deer, and likewise should cost you at least 1 of your tags...if not more.

19. buckmaster14

That discussion is over and done with ktm, gotta keep pullin it to the surface? why dont u go post on that thread and pull it up to the top too while your at it. IDC what you think or what you say, your just here to start problems...

20. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

start problems? you do that way to well for me to try and take your job. I dont care if everyone else has decided to sweep it under the rug... what you did and have done in the past should be tattooed to your forehead as a constant reminder in hopes that you dont pull that crap again.