1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The $300 deer head

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Hedhuntr, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

What year are those prices from? My supplies from McKenzie cost a heck of a lot more than that.
    Form 58.35
    Eyes 17.25
    Liners 7.35
    Shipping 11.00
    Tanning (including freight both ways) 105.00

Total 198.95

2. yelper

yelper Do or Do Not.... There is no try

GA
    Some of the haxidermists around me take in 200 to 400 deer for $250 to $300 and they look like crap! For every ugly thing wrong on the outside of a mount there are 10 ugly things on the inside! It's relatively impossible to fix stupidity.
    [/quote]

O.K. Rick so how you deal with that? How do you get the clients that are willing to pay for better and what do you do when you are not getting enough work because of the $300 mount?

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Rick suppliments his income by being a male dancer at the local strip club. Don't be fooled. He didn't land Nickie because of his money, charm, or good looks. ;D

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Happy birthday you grumpy ol' ****er!!

5. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Thanik God! I thought I was going to have to be the voice of truth. That mount SUCKS!

6. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

What's the big deal, it's supposed to suck. That's why it's only $275.

7. NTR

NTR New Member

W.V.
    How about a lifesize bear mount for $1000? I was asked to match that price the other day...i laughed and told him if he could get it done for that and could be happy with then he should do so cause i'd have that much in overhead. Some guys just like to work for free, minimum wage at best. Not this ol' boy, i like to eat....

8. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Isn't that the truth, thats why I avoid as much as possible the posts asking for a critique.