1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fresh out of the oven

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by mvernelson, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Absolutely amazing!!!!

2. Beck DeutschWolff

Beck DeutschWolff New Member

WOW! Absolutely amazing! Great job... I love the small details on the tree.....

3. buzzbait

buzzbait Padden's Wild & Wet Taxidermy and custom Woodwork

NY
    What a Talent, that is most definitley a great job....

4. tracy

tracy coon dogs

Polygem epoxy what kind
    looks great would love to try it out
    thanks

5. WOW. THAT IS AMAZING.

6. johnerose

johnerose New Member

awesome awesome awesome....really unbelievable

7. Wow, thank you! :) Hey Bill gonna be sending you some pics shortly. Better late than never I always say.

8. If not a dvd maybe at least a tutorial!!! Great work, amazing stuff

9. Man that is outstanding, very impressive....

10. klstet21

klstet21 New Member

Most of us wish we were half as talented. Outstanding work. Looks incredibly life like. I would love a DVD on something like that.

11. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Mike, I was just wondering....Did you do the Groto at the Playboy Mansion?

12. Thanks a bunch guys! Playboy mansion....... I never get to go anywhere fun!

13. Mike, awesome as usual! Hope all is well with the family, maybe get you down here for some Striper fishing!

14. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

Mike,

You never stop amazing me with everything you have gotten involved in. You have been blessed with an awesome talent and the drive to keep pushing forward. It's guys like you that I wish I lived closer to that could keep pushing me forward as well. I wish you all the best this next upcoming year and always look forward to seeing you new works!

Sincerely,

Jeff Nelson

15. Yes Charlie, I need to break my virginity of holding a live striper. Thanks Jeff good to see your face!

16. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

You are something, lol. I love looking at all your projects. I wish we wouldve gotten together before I moved out of NY. Hope you keep posting pics, stay in touch.

17. saddlehorse_98

saddlehorse_98 Member

was wondering do you use a mortor like doing a stucco house on the bigger tree's or stay with the polygem? thanks awesome stuff mike.

18. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Incredible stuff.
    Ralph

19. They are hard coated with concrete with epoxy as the finish coat. I used over 400 gallons on that project. Concrete does not produce a realistic finish for wood because of it being so porous but you see it used alot none the less because its much cheaper.

20. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Mike, Where can you get this material? I take it you made impressions with a mold of a tree? Great detail in that tree!!