1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Skeleton of the week 8

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Jean-Christophe, Dec 2, 2012.

1. I take this week again. Just finished last week a Scarlet macaw (Ara macao) skeleton for the shop, not for me unfortunately.
    I was very happy to work on a such bird. Quite happy also with how it turns although I'm not satisfy of everything. Couple angles in legs and wings that could be better. Nails and beak sheaths were to damaged to look good on it. Otherwise I think it's complete. Hope balance is good, this was a real challenge here.
    What you think of it ?

Attached Files:

2. ara skeleton

Attached Files:

3. ara skeleton

Attached Files:

4. ara skeleton

Attached Files:

5. ara skeleton

Attached Files:

6. Schwein Goth

Schwein Goth New Member

Wow! great work! :)
    I like expecially the "feeding" pose. I'm building a thrush right now and I think I'll pose it while it's eating an olive(same problem with toracic ribs though :( ).

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Wonderful. Someday I hope to do a macaw like this.

8. Voltrax

Voltrax New Member

That's what I wantes to see this week!
    Few days ago, I have seen Macaw skull so I had to see how it looks like whole.
    Incredible work JC!

9. AH7

AH7 New Member

Damn that's good! I would love a skeleton like this! So great to see a life pose in a static piece - you tell a story about the animal. Fantastic.

Generally I like birds to have their sheaths and claws, but this one is beautiful without them - the stark white against the nut is nice. Exceptional mount.

10. Thanks all ! ;D
    Robert, I also cleaned an other ara skull, should post it in "skull of the week".
    Great Skulls thanks, life-like pose is what any skeleton builder want to do.

11. Baccus

Baccus Member

Fantastic work. After finals, I hope to have enough time to mount at least one of the skeletons lingering in my closet.

Well done.

12. Rolle54

Rolle54 New Member

When I look at this macaw reminds me of a living animal.

13. Guus

Guus Member

Fantastic work like I told you Jean Christophe! I'm sure they will like it at the shop and I hope your dedication will be rewarded!

14. Wouter

Wouter Member

Love your macaw JC, keep up the good work!

Wouter

15. Thanks all for the positive comments ! :) Living impression is the best you could tell me.
    Baccus, maybe in some time you can take your own week in a "skeleton of the week" ?

16. Vkvz

Vkvz New Member

Very, very nice work.
    As Guus said, hope you got a good price for this one! You can be proud of it, it looks fantastic!! :)

17. Thanks Vkvz !! Yes I got.

18. Amazing! I have a green-winged Macaw and a blue-and-gold Macaw (live). It is interesting to see what their skeletal system looks like beneath those feathers. Thank you for sharing! =)

19. Wouter

Wouter Member

Well Vicky, macaws can get very old, but they will die eventually like we all do. So when the sad day finally comes, you have an interesting project to look forward to.

Wouter

20. I doubt I outlive them. They are under 10 years old. With any luck, they'll last another 40 or 50 years, maybe more. I seriously doubt I'll make it that long. LOL!