1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need help finding a form

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by deerstuffer, Dec 4, 2012.

1. deerstuffer

deerstuffer New Member

Years ago, I mounted a few deer on a Research Mannikan form called "looking back". I have a request for another but this deer has a 24" neck and those forms are not big enough. Does anyone know of another supplier/form out there that would fit this deer. Thanks

2. Look in VanDykes catalog, I saw that pose in there today, but didn't look at sizes available.

3. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I think you will probably ned to look for an offset hard turn (left or right) and alter it from there. Finding that position in that size may not be possible. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen one.

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Never seen one in that size, but you can always alter a pose that is close.

5. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Whitetail, mule or what kind of deer you talking about here? Another choice would be to use a grooming buck which would just need a tilt of the head and slight neck alteration instead of altering the entire neck.

6. BOBTRAC

BOBTRAC New Member

your going to have to alter your own there is 1 size for that pose in van dyke and that is it. trust me i know, my wife wanted that pose on my deer and i had to alter it with foam