1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

That neighbor

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Tannertroop, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

Does anbody else have one of those neighbors that just loves to come over and sit in your shop while you work. Usually I don't mind the company but this one is a nice guy but loud and obnoxious. Not to mention my wife can't stand him. He just wont shut up and has an opinion on everything. I feel kind of bad for him because he just lost his job but he is about to drive me nuts. Any suggestions?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. Yes give him a rasp and some forms to scratch, also he must wear a mask..

3. I have a neighbor i've known since i was old enough to walk, long time hunting partner fishing partner and drinking partner. He always helps out when hes here and has brought me plenty of new clients. He is always welcome!

4. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Do away with any extra chairs. Don't laugh, it works. Those guys don't hang out long if they can't sit. Been down the same road.

5. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

X2

6. Lock your door too. When my friends stop by I call it a rain delay. Sometimes it's good though, depends when it is I guess.

7. Niccum

Niccum New Member

X2

8. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

I make no eye contact with my neighbors, never speak to them or act like they exist.

9. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

I have tried subtle hints but they go completely unnoticed. My wife tells me I have to stop being so nice to everybody.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. I have the opposite problem, no one keeps me company so I get quite lonely lol.

11. tem

tem Well-Known Member

that's the penalty we pay for being nice ;)

12. Mason

Mason Active Member

They are GREAT free advertisement!

13. No extra chairs and start messing with something REALLY smelly... I get some persistant ones that just won't go, so I'll go get some of my maceration tubs and start working with them.

14. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Ask him if you can borrow some money and follow through if he says yes. Then when he comes over to collect...ask to double up. See just how stupid he really is.

15. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Yep!

16. kikkertinz, You crack me up. LOL and I think, This is what you really do...I can just see it.....Funny :D

17. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Talk to your mounts like they are people and touch them in an inapropriate way, then just stand and stare at a wall. Then when he asked what you are doing pretend to not understand the question and get really agitated! Helps to be holding a scalpel!!! Good luck.

18. Ron, you do that because they talk back to you!! I name all my fish.

Hand them a broom, a wire brush, no chairs and sit in the floor to rasp or wire brush forms.

19. jorgy

jorgy Member

Talk about how the shop is full of ticks from the deer and how bad Lyme disease is this year

20. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Some guys like to have BS'rs around, obviously you don't. I can't work with someone standing around talking. Giving hints doesn't work , you have to politely tell them you are too busy to talk and if they want to you will go have lunch with them or they can come back after you close and have a cup of coffee or something. I got the word out 20yrs ago that I didn't want people just hanging around when they had nothing better to do. Haven't had a problem with it in years. I spent too many late nights trying to get the work done after a half a dozen talkers hung around the shop all day keeping me from working.