1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fleshing tool " Yellow Thing" made by: Helping Hand Hangers, is truly amazing!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by MidwestBigBucks, Dec 7, 2012.

1. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

I'm probably going to sound like a spokesperson for this product. ::) But people I am telling you, this is the most amazing product by far that I've ever used. :) I've used hobby knives, scapels, sharp knifes. :-\ But this little tool, is F'ing amazing! ;D It does not get any better than this. It's made me faster, its comfortable to hold, and it gets the job done easy. If I were a teaching taxidermy, this would be included in a kit for students for sure. ;) I'd definitely tell everyone to do yourself a favor and get one, you'll be sold on it for sure. :) :) I want to Thank Helping Hand Hangers for making my job easier!

2. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Have you ever tried a skive knife tool? Just asking?

3. Have both the skife knife and the yellow helping hands thing and I absolutely love both! Have to say I could NOT do with out the helping hands thing for sure!

Jmartins likes this.
  4. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

Yes I have, all tools have their place, this particular tool, is very good with splitting and turning, removing flesh, etc.

5. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

I love mine as well :eek:

6. adamstaxidermy

adamstaxidermy New Member

So, where can we get one of these things?

7. Thanks guy's and gal's. You can get them at helpinghandhangers.com

8. DROPPINEM

DROPPINEM New Member

I have the older version.Mine is blue.It still works fine.I love it!!!I need to stock up in case I can't get them anymore because I would be handicapped without it!!

9. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

I just ordered a couple. Looking forward to trying the tool out.

10. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Just got mine in the mail today. Fast shipping, great service. Thanks Tazzy.

11. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

I hope Steve brings some to the MTA Membership meeting in January!

12. I plan on it, How many do you need?

13. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

So far I've skinned out a lifesize doe,button buck,skinned out mutiple heads, turned, split, fleshed with this tool alone. And amazingly, I can take one blade and skin out an entire lifesize, turn, split, flesh face with just that one blade. I'm sure you could continue to switch out out blades depending on your preference of sharpness that you desire. One thing I must ask though, does anyone else have an issue with getting it open to put in a new blade. I seem to have an issue with that, is there a trick to it?

14. You have to apply pressure in the rite place, Take the blade out and practice opening and closing it. You'll get used to it. You can also put some vasaline on the slide if needed to make it easier

15. Bought one of these last winter - love it!!! One blade has 4 edges so can usually do a deer with one blade. Really works great for splitting lips, nose, eyes. Highly recommend getting one of these tools.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Maybe a couple.

17. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

Ok, just wanted to make sure there was not a different trick to it. I actually like the fact that it is in there so tight, so thats a good thing. Thanks again for inventing this little tool, people have no idea what they are missing out on. It just works, plain and simple. I will be ordering a few more, so I don't have to carry this one all over the place. Also very much like the fleshing cone, its just the perfect shape for nostrils, eyes, everything. You definitely have a good line of tools that really work. Thanks again! :)

18. Thanks
    I'm glad you like them :)

19. Providing the world is still here on Saturday I will be getting one to try out.

20. saddlehorse_98

saddlehorse_98 Member

me to. was their much of a learning curve with it, meaning how long did it take to master this thing? I really like his eye tucking tool I have made myself several little tools to do just that but seem to gravitate to his eye tucker the most. thanks