1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Deer just finished please critique

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by nickq83, Dec 10, 2012.

1. nickq83

nickq83 Member

Just finished this deer and I'm looking for some pointers to help me get better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jorgy

jorgy Member

Just taking a quick look it appears the ears are over filled, the eye shape is off, and the brisket hair looks off like you didn't take it to the outside of the armpit area.

3. johnnyb

johnnyb Member

x 2.

4. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

I am not qualified to give critique but.... What gun is that on the wall? Looks just like the one on my wall...

5. nickq83

nickq83 Member

It is a Winchester 30-30 bicentennial

6. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Ha ha thanks. Mine is a 44-40.

7. Looks darn good to me, but I'm no taxidermist. :)

8. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Looks darn good to me. Work on eye shape and don't forget to stack the skin. I'm not qualified for critique either but keep studying reference and go compete in the pro division at your state show for more help.

9. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Quit pulling the forehead skin so far back that he looks like he's in a wind tunnel. That skin should be at least an inch further towards the muzzle. Groom the hair out to the sides towards the eyes and not straight back. Cut out 1/3 to 1/2 of your clay everywhere. Quit worrying about the "process" and start looking at basic shapes, distances and specific details.