1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The 2007 World Taxidermy Championships® Lifetime Achievement Award

Discussion in 'Taxidermy History' started by Ken Edwards, May 11, 2007.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Henry Wichers Inchumuk became the first individual to receive the World Taxidermy Championships Lifetime Achievement Award on April 20, 2007. Click here: http://www.taxidermy.net/wtc07/inchumuk.html to see an edited version of the video presentation from the awards banquet.

[​IMG]
    WTC Chairman Larry Blomquist (left) presents Henry Wichers Inchumuk
    with the 2007 World Taxidermy Championships Lifetime Achievement Award
    during the awards banquet in Reno, Nevada.

The commemorative plaque read: World Taxidermy and Fish Carving Championships Lifetime Achievement Award. Henry Wichers Inchumuk, April 20, 2007, Reno, Nevada. To Henry Wichers Inchumuk, who, during his lifetime, has made creative contributions of outstanding artistic significance, that have improved taxidermy and have inspired others to excel.

Video here: http://www.taxidermy.net/wtc07/inchumuk.html

2. Very cool...congrats to Mr. Inchumuk.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

A truly class act Ken. Both from Larry and from YOU. Henry is very deserving of that honor and, for one, I'm glad the presentation came while HE could enjoy it instead of waiting for it to be a memorial tribute. Thanx.

4. Dawn

Dawn Proud Members of the Mich Taxidermist Assoc

Scott and I were very fortunate to have the opportunity to visit and work with Henry when we were all members of the Arizona Taxidermist and Artists Association.

He is truly a great man - an incredible artist - and meeting and knowing him is one of the greatest thrills of my life.

When Scott and I left Arizona in 1992 and headed back home to Michigan I would hear of Henry's updates from time to time from various other friends.

It truly is nice to see this picture of him getting the recognition that he truly deserves.

Henry is truly the nicest, gentlest, and most humble ICON of this industry that I have ever had the great privilege to meet.

How befitting and appropriate that Mr. Inchumuk would be the first recipient of this fine award.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

AMEN Dawn. Henry is unbelievably humble which is so uncommon in today's competition circuits, that the few times I've talked to him, I have to keep pushing my chin up so I don't catch flies in my mouth. He's an incredible icon.

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

That is great news!

I agree with Dawn. I don't believe I have met you Dawn. I met Henry for the first time in 1991 and it was either in 1991 or 1992 that I rode down with Henry Inchumuk and Dan Lee down to Apache Junction to Bob Elzner's place for an ATAA seminar. It was very interesting listening to Henry and Dan talk. Also every time I went to Dan's shop in Prescott, Henry was there as his mentor. I really like Henry's concept of judging competitions. I've enjoyed listening to all his taxidermy knowledge (for me - reptile taxidermy). Henry went to school in Russell, Kansas and showed me a picture (when he lived in Prescott) of his class photo...and he was standing next to Bob Dole.

I too am glad that Henry is able to appreciate this award NOW!

And yes, a very humble man.

Kerby...

7. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

way cool, and very appropriate that this was done while he could enjoy what he is so deserving of, which is the recognition of course, Russ

8. I must agree. Excellent job.

9. A heartfelt thank you is indeed in order to Larry and Kathy for providing the venue to present Inchumuk with this well deserved award. Kudo's to Ken for compilation and narration on the wonderful video. But one person who has been overlooked is Harry Paulson whom I believe may have been the catalyst to this production. Harry has been a close friend of Inchumuk's for well over 20 years. I know this because it was 19 years ago that he took myself and my classmates to Inchumuks home in Northern Arizona for a day of education, inspiration, admiration and awe!

I fell in love with this man and his beautiful wife and soul mate, Melody. Not for his incredible ability for making animals come back to life, but for the deeper inner peace, spirituality and deep connection to Mother Earth and all her creations that they both emulated in their lives. Their home was built within the actual boulders of the surrounding area. Larger than life windows brought the indoors out and the outdoors in. Their homes walls were concave in areas and convex in others, housing his wonderful creations of taxidermy wildlife art. The ceiling a painted diorama of the sky. Artifacts from his expeditions and his own original sculptures adorned the walls and shelves of this mini Natural History Museum. Nowhere have I ever felt so at peace in a friends home. On many occasions I returned with my two young daughters to visit, hear the stories of his life from childhood to present and stories of his friendship and collaborations with taxidermists past,that we all have only read about. I am grateful to have a mount Inchumuk had given me when he moved out of state and I am blessed to know him well, love him and call him friend.

I see him and Mel from time to time and am so disappointed that I was not able to be at the World Show this year to see him receive this well deserved Award.

I personally cannot thank Larry, Harry and Ken enough for the countless hours and dedication poured into the task of preparing this wonderful recognition bestowed upon a more than wonderful and deserving man!

10. Darius

Darius Member

Congrats to Inchumuk..............