1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Association of Indiana Taxidermists Convention 2013

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

2. tracy

tracy coon dogs

whos going you ready got about 30 days :eek:
    Pre-Registration Don’t Forget!!
    How ? look like you can go to the winter news letter and print the forms

3. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Association of Indiana Taxidermists 2013 Show

All, Please call the hotel direct to reserve yours rooms. Let them know that you will be attending the convention. The hotel is not using a code for the rooms just let them know your room is for the AIT Convention and you will get the room rate of $82.00. The cut off for the discounted block is 01/25/2013. Call the number below.

Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
    812-348-1375

4. adamstaxidermy

adamstaxidermy New Member

Re: Association of Indiana Taxidermists 2013 Show

Thanks for posting the info Brad...Looking forward to the show.

5. adamstaxidermy

2013 AIT Convention Schedule

Friday, February 15th
    9:00 am-7pm All Day Workshop with Rick Krane – Hands On Carving a Body and Mounting a Crappie (Gavel Room)
    10:00 am-7pm All Day Workshop with Ken Walker – Hands On Mounting a Life-Size Coyote (AV Room – Upstairs)
    4:00-6:00 pm Board Members and Volunteers set up
    5:00 - 5:30 pm Judge Check in and Meeting (Crystal Ballroom)
    6:00 - 10:00 pm Early Registration of Mounts in Lobby
    6:00 - ? Judging of Mounts (mount room will be closed)
    7:00 – 9:00 pm Seminar – Bryan Eppley – Taking your Competition Piece to the Next Level (Bartholomew Room)
    Learn about Cape Preparation, Form Alteration for Custom Mounts, Anatomical Accuracy of
    Ear butts and eyes, and thorough interpretation of Reference Materials
    7:00 – 9:00 pm Seminar – Mike Gillis – Taxidermy Business Seminar (Crystal Ballroom B)
    9:00 – 10:00 pm Meet and Greet Vendors Room (Snacks Provided)

Saturday, February 16th
    7:00 – 9:00 am Registration of Mounts in Lobby – No mounts accepted after 9:00 AM
    8:00 – 10:00 am Seminar – Ken Walker – Natural and Artistic Habitat Composition (Crystal Ballroom B)
    8:00 – 10:00 am Seminar – Keith Daniels – Home Tanning and Shaving (Bartholomew Room)
    9:00 – 3:00 pm Judging of Mounts (Mount Room will be Closed)
    10:00 – 11:00 am General Membership Meeting (All Members Encouraged to Attend, Crystal Ballroom B)
    12:00 – 1:00 pm – Vendors Room Closed for Lunch
    12:00 – 1:00 pm Taxidermist’s Choice Voting
    12:00 – 2:00 pm Seminar – Mike Orthober – Bird Taxidermy (Crystal Ballroom)
    Bird Anatomy reference pictures, models, and plucked carcasses
    3:00 – 5:00 pm Seminar – Rick Krane – Painting a Largemouth Bass Reproduction (Bartholomew Room)
    6:00 – 7:30 pm Banquet – Awards Ceremony, Election Results & Auction (Social Hour after Auction in bar)

Sunday, February 17th
    8:00 am – 9:00am – Board Members Meeting with New Elected Board Members (Breakfast Restaurant)
    8:00 am – 9:30 am – Seminar – Doug Montgomery – Sculpting a Competition Whitetail Ear Butt (Bartholomew Room)
    8:00am – 9:30 am – Seminar – Representative from Dan Rinehart Taxidermy Supply – Using an AutoTanner – (Crystal Ballroom B)
    8:30 am - ? Indiana Bird Challenge Judging (Participants Welcome, Location TBD)
    9:00 am – 2:15 Discussion of Critiques with Judges – Sign up Sheet for scheduling
    10:00 am – 12: am – Kids Seminar – Gretchen Kinker (Crystal Ballroom B)
    10:00 am – 2:00 pm – Mount Room Open for Public Viewing – Voting for Publics Choice
    2:15 pm – 3:15 pm – General Membership Meeting – All Members Encouraged to attend – DNR Awards,
    Publics Choice Awards, Final Business and Door Prizes
    3:30 pm – 5:00 pm Pick up mounts and tear down – ALL HELP APPRECIATED!!!

Schedule is subject to change

6. joegentry14

joegentry14 New Member

Are there certain days/hours where the show is open to public for viewing?

7. Joe sunday from 10 to 2 its open to the public

8. Flammie

Flammie New Member

Is it open to taxidermists that did not get a chance to pre register? If so, is there a number to call? :eek:

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Indiana, where you really get your money's worth!

Well i'm sitting here at the airport in Houston waiting on my connection to Austin and reflecting on the last few days I spent learning with the Indiana Association of Taxidermists, and boy did I get my money's worth!!!!

From the paid seminar with Ken Walker all the way to the end of the banquet it was a very pleasant time.

Tell ya what, you will not find a nicer group of people either! Thank you Indiana for providing that educational supplement I needed! Your association sure has a lot to brag on!

10. Indiana, where you really get your money's worth!

Thank you for coming Mike. I really enjoyed talking with you.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Re: Indiana, where you really get your money's worth!

I was going to start my own Thank You thread when I happened to see this one, so I'll just add on here.

I too want to thank the Indiana folks for welcoming me as well. Though I was only there for a few hours on Saturday, man did they treat me great. I had a great time. Got to spend some quality one on one time with Ken Walker. If you've never heard Ken impersonate Larry Bloomquist, you are missing out. So realistic and he kept us in stitches with his stories. What a interesting guy. And YES, I do now believe in BIGFOOT! LOL Got to see my buddy Michael, and dine with some very nice folks at the banquet. Brad Jones and Doug Montgomery were excellent and spent quite a bit of time with me talking and showing me around. The meal was GREAT and I left shortly after eating, so I have one question....Did that beaver win BOS? It was awesome. A lot of nice work throughout. I expect to see several of those mounts again at the WTC. Thanks again guys. I'm glad I drove over.

12. adamstaxidermy

Michael & Tim....Thank you for taking the time to attend the show. It was great to meet and talk with both of you, and we would love to have both of you back anytime. The Beaver mount did take "Best of Show" honors.

13. B Jones

It was great to have you both at our show and also to have the chance to meet an spend time with you both. We appreciate the kind words about our show. We have a great bunch of family members and welcome you both into our family.

14. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

Mike and Tim,...And all others who attended our show. I too, want to thank you for coming and invite you to come back. May be you (or others) would like to do a seminar in the future. Tim, I'm sorry but I don't believe we were introduced. Next time.
    And the Kinky Beaver took several awards. Congrats to all! Now I hate to see the piebald leave my place, but the customer will be getting it soon.

Attached Files:

15. Paul C

Paul C New Member

I've had the pleasure of judging Indiana a few times and have always enjoyed it. Well....almost always. The last time I judged there I got the worst case of food poisoning ever! We stopped for lunch on the way there and, against my wife's advice, I decided to grab a burger at Wendy's while Christie opted for "healthy" Subway. Just one more case where I should have listened to her! I have NEVER been so sick. With her help I managed to get my judging duties done and even managed to put a seminar bird together but I missed the banquet and don't remember much of that weekend.
    I would STILL go back though..

16. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Michael and Tim, it was great to see you guys there. I hope to see you guys soon at the WTC show.

17. antlerman

We'll be there Doug. You betcha.

18. B Jones

The Indiana show will be longer next year

We will be starting our show on Thursday next year and we will be going until Sunday at noon. We will be announcing some new workshops for next year and hope to deliver more to our members . Next years show will be March 21 through March 24. Thanks to some of the vendors and suppliers helping us with our decisions. We look forward to having you all there, we will have Ken Walker and Mike Orthober back to judge and will be adding a new fish judge and a new whitetail judge.

19. Ace Photography

Ace Photography New Member

AIT Award Winners 2013

Im new to this website....Im the photographer for the AIT and wanted to post pics for everyone to see!

[​IMG]
    Vito Palazollo

[​IMG]
    Tracy Niccum

[​IMG]
    Steve Klee

[​IMG]
    Steve Kinker

[​IMG]
    Ryan Mcgrotty

[​IMG]
    Pat Tappenden

[​IMG]
    Nick Giuliani

[​IMG]
    Mark Sobecki

[​IMG]
    Keith Goodrow

[​IMG]
    Josh Stephenson

[​IMG]
    Josh Meadows

[​IMG]
    John Singel

[​IMG]
    Joe Birchler

[​IMG]
    Dean Legacher

[​IMG]
    Jerry Adams

[​IMG]
    Don Legacher's mount

[​IMG]
    Dean Legacher

[​IMG]
    Cheyanne Tatge

[​IMG]
    Brian Cassidy

[​IMG]
    Braxton Mccory

[​IMG]
    Brad Jones

[​IMG]
    Brad Butler

[​IMG]
    Austin Beavers

Anyone wanting to order prints of these pictures are more than welcome to email me at [email protected] It was a pleasure meeting all of you and I cant wait for next year! Enjoy:)

20. antlerman

Re: AIT Award Winners

WOW.....is there anything that beaver didn't win? I saw it on Saturday. Amazing mount. Congrats Steve. and to all the other winners as well. Nice showing of talent.