1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

California Association of Taxidermists Art Show 2013

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

2. Wolfie101

Wolfie101 New Member

CAT website is down. Do they still send out the forms to register in advance?

3. C.A.T. convention

C.A.T. convention is in a couple of weeks in Sacramento, and the web site has not been updated in a while.

Does anyone have information on the agenda for the weekend. Thank you

4. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Re: C.A.T. convention

Hopefully it's still on.

5. Re: C.A.T. convention

I got the registration information in the mail last week. I will post the dates and times when I get home tonight.

6. Re: C.A.T. convention

March 15 noon til 7 p.m. registration
    March 16 8 til noon Brenda Duvall Lifesize Bobcat seminar or Skip Miller seminar standing waterfowl
    1 til 4 Bill Bowen seminar standing waterfowl or 1 til 5 Eric Gould pedestal Elk
    March 17 8 til noon Dan Grayson Lifesize habitat seminar, or Kenneth Bauman Largemouth Bass
    1 til 3 Jody Green form prep
    show closes at 3, banquet at 6:30

7. Re: C.A.T. convention

I will be shipping a pallet of Habitat Rock to Dan Grayson to bring to the show. If anyone is interested in getting some you will be able to save a bunch on shipping with this combined order. Dan will also be doing a seminar using this product. I will have to ship by Wed. March 6th so don't miss out and call me with your order. Go to www.custombirdworks.com and click on the Habitat Rock link to view all of our products. 406-543-5501. Thanks, Dale

8. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Re: C.A.T. convention

2013 Annual Convention & Art Show

Date: March 15-17

Judges:
    Birds: TBD!
    Fish & Reptiles: TBD!
    Gameheads: TBD!
    Lifesize Mammals: TBD!

California Challenge:
    Birds: Drake Wood Duck
    Fish & Reptiles: Any Sunfish
    Gameheads: Elk
    Lifesize Mammals: Any Rabbit

Apparently noone seems to see fit to update the Info... I live right near here and the LACk of info is a major dissappointment

9. matt dockstader

matt dockstader The Butcher Shop & Taxidermy

C.A.T. convention

I'm very disappointed wit C.A.T. I know it can't be easy to run something like this, but I have emailed and made attempts to contact on Facebook and on here. All with little to no response... The only thing I have gotten since last years convention was one news letter... That being said I had a great time at the show last year and was really looking forward to this years show, but now I don't have time let alone anything to bring to enter... Sorry for the rant just needed to vent off a little steam

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. DL

DL Well-Known Member

CAT Showtime

Thanks to all the hard working board members for a fun show so far. Nice auction of great donated goodies and many prizes given away. Tomorrow is the day we wake up to find out if Santa left gifts or coal in our stockings. This will be my first competition and it looks like the judges may have run out of ink on my pieces. Looking forward to a great banquet tomorrow.
    Thanks again to all of you that worked so hard to put this on.
    Dave(DL) York.

11. sealow

sealow Member

Re: CAT Showtime

I had a great time as well. Judges were very approachable and gave me some great pointers. I even came away with something at the awards banquet but was out of my seat so my two boys went up to get it for me. Thanks to Mark Dias and his crew for taking their time to run the show for us. Learned alot and should be back for more next year.

12. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Re: CAT Showtime

We're you able to get that gift certificate from your boys? They maybe to young to understand the value if that . They were cute up there getting your award. You'll love that picture with them excepting the award far more than if you were.