1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Should the fish section now be....

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by fishandchips, Dec 12, 2012.

1. fishandchips

fishandchips New Member

The for sale/promo/commercial/i got something to sell you section?

2. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

[email protected] Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

You might feel better if you Won the free all inclusive workshop or maybe just kick back and watch the free DVD :)

3. Fish and Chips you are new to this site,maybe you should look back and see all the great free thing on this site.There are countless reference photos and other info.Your opinion is greatly appreciated but be careful who you [email protected]& off.

4. tracy

tracy coon dogs

XX2

5. Its the same wit a lot of seminars at the larger shows, more or less infomercial.

6. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

Sure. It IS fish related as well as some of the best information available to the fish taxidermist.
    If your not interested then skip that thread and move on.

7. It has been a little "over the top" lately...or is it just me ?

8. fishandchips, If you dont like it,you could always take your 11 posts and find another sand box to play in!!Many of those who plug their products/ services here , also offer some of the very best FREE information in ther business!!!

9. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Last time I checked this is a free forum and I live in America so if I don’t want to read something I don’t! I don’t know about you, but I like to see someone giving back to the industry with free educational airings as well as free all-inclusive workshops, with periodic free give always, all to help out where I can and when I can! If you’re in business you either provided a service or sell product unless you’re a non-profit business. It blows me a way that it is always the anonymous nameless addresses phone numberless member who feels the need to share their opinion how someone bothers them??? Here’s my deal I have worked extremely hard to be successful in the industry of taxidermy, I base this on the taxes I pay several times a year! My job is to teach others who want to learn fish taxidermy and business.
    I don’t know but maybe I’m kind of simple. I learn from those who are positive and successful at what they do and if I pay attention, I could walk away with some great ideas to make a living for my family and be in a position to HELP OTHERS!!!!! Silly concept isn’t it?

Either way “if” you add value or benefit to an area of interest and or needs then it is all part of getting folks (in this case) closers to learning or being more vested in what they love to do... this is called business. So over the top or the bombarded with commercial and advertisement of stuff we don’t want or need. How about someone who works day in and out for the betterment of the industry even if you don’t ever spend one cent with me as a student, or as a member to our store but I still would stop by for the “free” reference photos!

Words are free or at least they are in the country I live in, so we write stuff to benefit others on here but in the “BIG” picture the only benefit if what we freely receive is given to the recipient as the information we can use as a benefit! Use the free DVD on Christmas and have fun doing so! For those who watch this show I do on the 4th of July and on Christmas some actually find benefit and say thanks. Now, I know it is only one person (I wish I could do this 10 times a year) that I will benefit from me reaching in to my pocket and flying someone out here who will learn fish stuff, eat great food, see great scenery, with all supplies included and all based on the idea of being in a position after 28 years in business to do what I wish someone could do every day for one person in an action as simple as giving an opportunity just because free enterprise and folks enjoying what I do have made this possible! Don, it will be over as soon as Christmas is over maybe? LOL! Kidding old friend! I often wonder where that expression come from, you know the one about asking for the change after the free bowl of soup? LOL! Kathie just said to me why do you give anything away if folks are bothered by it. I told her they are not just a few are. ☺

You can’t win if you don’t play and hey it doesn’t cost anything it’s free!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296

10. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

Why would you assume he was talking about you? There are several commercial posts in the fish section, not just yours.

11. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

I got a personal PM Ron. Plus Kathie say I have be controversial at least once a year or folks would think I was a computer soft wear program. LOL! Stay Classy!

Rick

12. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Hey fish and chips. I'm not a fish head, but seriously, you have got to be the dumbest fish in the sea. I've met Rick once and found him to be a very mild mannered big hearted dude. Be it a teacher, services offered, products offered, or answering stupid questions 10K times over, this site is free and here for the taking. With 11 posts.......were any of those of you asking a question, or were they all nasty like this one is? It's guys like you that make others not want to share anymore. Or perhaps you are a Master Fish Head yourself. If so, where's your input? What can you bring to the table to improve this site? Or, do you just smell like a fish? Of all the stupid posts ever posted here, YOURS is the stupidest. Since it is a known fact that you can't cure stupid, your post will live long in the archives of stupid fish posts. You have made a lasting impact. You are Super Stupid. Congratulations!! The honor is all yours.

Just curious.....do you sell those pan fish replica's you posted? How's that paint problem coming? Get it figured out yet? Oh and PM Sent. I see your stuff is Made in China. ::) That's all you have to offer so far and you find it within your vast contributions to be critical of others?

13. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

The reason this site is free is because of McKenzie and the advertisers.

I have no problem with Mr Krane's posts. Happy holidays to you and your family Rick .

I think it would be great if there was an advertisers forum/category on here though.

14. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

fishnchips, if you sent Rick a PM why did you start a thread about it? Seems you could have saved yourself some headache.

Rick, a little controversy is good. Nobody wants to be software. Hardware....maybe.

15. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Personally I am glad to see posts that have some informational or instructional value to them. The AA website has both and is updated frequently. The posts don't have a 'for sale' or 'commercial' feel to me anyway.

16. Rick....Best of luck on your Ventures !
    Great job on everything you do...Your workshops are excellent.

As a side note, NOT directing this at any thread or person in particularly..I am amazed at how people talk to one another, thru a computer forum. Would they do that in person ? I would hope not..

17. barend

barend Member

Hi, all. If i can give my opinion, if it hasn't been for people like Rick and others on here, newbies like me will not get the advice we need to maybe one day make it in the taxidermy bussiness. People like Rick and so many others has never had a problem with helping others like me. I have not yet had the chance to meet Rick or go for a class with him, but would love to be able to do that at some point in the future. On top of all this there is people like Jillian that keep us all updated with all the newest products etc. i have to say that i am really sad to read that there are people like this out there, when people like Rick and many others has only been good to all if us. Why not stop having a go at somebody and try to learn as much as you can from them?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. I think it is fantastic that people like Krane, Carter, Dondi, Pescado, Yox, just to name a few are willing to share their expertise, be it on Deer, fish, airbrushes, reproductions. There are also many others in similar situations, sorry, all the names do not pop into this old feeble head at this time. Keep on posting, that is how we find out about new, interesting products and methods. Everyone learns something new and everyone gets better and better. We all win........

Gene

19. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Just a reminder......

Santa is watching.....he is keeping a list.....to see......who is naughty....and who is nice.

:)

Kerby...

20. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

[email protected] Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

:) I think people should be nice all the time it makes things nice that way. Kathie and Rick are always nice and Rick has this positive effect on people just by standing next to them I have seen it. I'm glad Rick or Kathie don't take this seriously as people not to say he couldn't get mad at something but I have never seen him mad at anything. It is nice to work with them. this is the best job I have had so far :)

I will say I worked at a gym before and people can be nice but not s nice as the people I have met here on the taxidermy forum.