1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Should the fish section now be....

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by fishandchips, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the guilty party too........I've bought so many products and services from ALL those terrible solicitors on here in which most of them I call close friends. I feel bad I'm just an enabler and leading them on... 8)...please dont offer any more products, or services or free stuff anymore. I dont want to get better at what I do with the generous, honest, informative, humble offerings I cant get anywhere else.
    PS: I just got a Christmas card from "one of those" terrible solicitors wishing me good tidings and joy this Holiday Season......He cares nothing about me but to SELL me something I guess....the nerve..... ;D

2. fishandchips

fishandchips New Member

Wow. I did not mention anyone specific, it was just a statement!
    Just seems like a lot lately. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. Apparently somebody peed in someones cheerios? I did not send Mr. Krane a pm.
    I made an observation out loud. :eek:
    You guys are making a big deal out of nothing, and jumping on a bandwagon to nowhere.
    I guess you have to have stars next to your name or a certain amount of posts on here just to make a statement?
    Lighten up and have a Merry Christmas! ;)

3. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

Quit your bragging I feel left out now....LOL.... I actually have met Bill Yox from this site and was pleased to have as a friend as well. I have talked with Rick Krane actually through conversed through emails and he has been extremely helpful. As a result of his professionalism I purchased 5 DVDs when the first set came out and found that they have improved my painting skills tremendously. I know in the new year I plan on purchasing a couple more to continue with my learning skills.

I am now in contact with Dondi to purchase some blanks so that my 14 year old son will be able to get into some fish taxidermy and I will assist him on h is first reproduction and most likely do a couple for myself.

The point I'm getting at is this site is extremely helpful for many of us and if it were not for the professionalism of the few that I have mentioned then where would the average person turn to for advise and guidance. I rarely post on this site so that I do not have to be insulted by individuals that deteriorating brain cells like the one that has started this mess. Something that taxidermists do is assist their fellow man and not bury them with insults or poor opinions. This is after all a public forum and if there is a topic that people do not like simply do not open it or the best things is stay out of the section that you find offensive.

As for the Bill Yox, Rick Krane and family, Dondi etc. keep up the good work there are many on here that are very appreciative and will not mention it as they are like myself sick of the nonsense that the uninformed display.

Just my opinion.

Regards
    Sam

4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog Stay Classy

Uh oh, somebody's telling a fib. [​IMG]

5. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

[email protected] Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

My bad I told Rick about the PM this morning he didn't even read it to the best of my knowledge. I don't think Rick said who it was from in his posting only that he received a PM regarding the issue. due to the fact he didn't know. So my bad it is sounding this way. It was not from fishandchips and I know as I was told today to drop the whole thing as I don't get paid to waste my time with any thing other then nice stuff :)

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Rick,.............

I've met Rick a few times....talked to him on the phone a few times.....e-mailed....etc..........

and he is a stand up guy.

Nuff said. :)

Oh, and Santa said he is on the "nice list" and should be getting something in the mail soon. :)

Kerby...

7. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. I think it is totally rediculous............................if I don't win the free trip to Rick's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :-[ :p :eek:

Merry Christmas all!!!!!!!!!!!

9. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas guys, and my xmas wish is that this forum stays exactly as it is.
    A big thanks to all those that contribute, the knowledge pool available on here can not be found anywhere else in the big wide internet world. And the freedom of speech and advertising we all enjoy here is not available on most other forums.
    I know my own work has improved as a direct result of this forum, and those kind enough to share their knowledge and skills.
    John

10. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

I want the pop corn emicon like Perca It makes me LMAO!!!! This some times is the worst of the artist side of what we are. Rather then creating beauty some times we rack the muck LOL! In the wise words of fishandchips lighten up! This is why I don't post often in general subject stuff as it is so easy to take one thing put a spin on it and make it controversial. I should listen to Kathie more often! LOL!!!! Merry Christmas to one and All and I hope Santa gives you wonderful gifts to help your fish work!!! I will have a BIG surprise to announce Christmas eve so stay tune for a one more thing i decided to share with you... I think you'll love it!

HAppy Holidays!

Rick Krane