1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pocket knife

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Paul D, Dec 13, 2012.

1. DROPPINEM

DROPPINEM New Member

Case medium stockman for pocket use.Handy having three blades and it's not bulky in your pocket......Bought a boker skinner caper combo not long ago and like them as tools but for carrying it's case all the way.Be sure to get the ss blade not the cv

2. MidwestBigBucks

MidwestBigBucks Member

Going to definitely have to buy one. I looked up the Kershaw Ken Onion Leek, just now on Amazon, alot of very good reviews on it. I've been wanting a good pocket knife, glad this topic came up.

3. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Knives....did someone say knives...lol....So many great pocket knives out there. I like quite a few but since I'm a collector, I focus on limited editions, commemoratives, anniversary, rare handle material, etc.
    ONE of smoothest opening Case knives I like is the TrapperLock with Stag handle. It's not cheap, but it's a quality knive that holds an edge.
    The other knife pictured isnt really a pocketknife but it's a specialty made hunting knife from Silver Stag company. 8 inch blade on this bad boy. Each one is custom made. Whenever I see a knife like this one I think of the words of Crocodile Dundee.....LOL.

Attached Files:

4. Buckfever_04

Buckfever_04 New Member

I have an anza knife they are made from files. They take a really good edge if you get one of the thinner blades they stay sharp for a long time. I do not know if he make a folding knife.

5. I don't like a big pocket knife, I carry a folding Buck, 2 blade, it's not much over 2" long. Works like a champ for a pocket knife. I would not want to skin a deer with it tho.