1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Christmas bonus day at the studio.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Dec 18, 2012.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

The lil'mexican has went above and beyond on most occasions and I wanted to get her something special for Christmas this year. She pitches in where she can, although she has no use personally for doing taxidermy. I put myself in her place and thought.....'how would i like to go work in a tax office for basically free after 8-10 hours of taxidermy' I looked and looked and finally found it.

Just got delivered about 10 minutes ago. I think she'll like it (and I bet the boss will too ;) )

She's actually earned this one! :)

Love ya honey, Merry Christmas!

[​IMG]

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I did that once too. Key word....ONCE.

I bought Becky a new Mathews bow a few years back. It was too strong for her to pull back and too long of a draw, so she gave it to me. :)

Fit me perfectly. ;)

3. michael p.

Yep Tim, we're so generous like that :)

I'll let you know how this one works out ;)

4. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I like it ! Bet it works out nice for her buzzing around at your waterfront property.

5. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

I got my wife a nice Ranger bass boat one year for mothers day. She wasn't all that enthused about so I used it for a few years until I sold it for her!

6. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Has it got the diesel motor Mikey? Those kubotas are awesome machines.

7. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Thumbs up!!

8. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

Way to go!

9. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I can't believe she didn't love that gift..It was very thoughtful of you to familiarize yourself with the boat and keep everything in working order. It make selling it so much easier when you can assure someone "everything works great!"

10. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I have plans on buying all my help a new rifle this year. Since its only me it will be an easy choice.

11. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

I hated selling it on her!!

12. michael p.

No, i'm more than likely gonna retire this one down to the coast in 2 years and hope that Kubota makes a gas crew cab by then. The diesels are like frigging tanks, you load them out and they weigh more than the Kubota tractors!! LOL

I looked at both, the diesels and the single cab gas burner and decided on this one. It actually is for her and she likes going out to our property hunting when she gets off work (it's only 10 miles from her job to our land) and we are going to build 2 more blinds deeper on the property next year. So from January through October we'll keep it here to run our little errands and work around in Ellinger and then November & December it'll be hidden in the woods so she can drive it to where she want to hunt on the property and feed along the way.

She'll actually 'get it' tomorrow evening, I had the bed sprayed today and got a big red bow for it. She does know she's getting it though, just hasn't seen it. I didn't tell her about it when I ordered it, but then thought 'if I surprise her with this, then what can she surprise me with?'....so I sat down with the 'baby, I need to tell ya what I got ya cause we're married' line.

She was surprised to say the least, but I got this for a woman who is in Houston shopping with her sister tonight till probably after midnight, will be at the studio at 6:00 AM in the morning to sew up a fox, then go to her job at 8:00 AM and will be back at the shop around 6:00 PM to sew up a bobcat. She's a country girl.....between her having her own hunting vehicle for the season and a dog runner the rest of the year, she'll love it.

We've always had some kind of ATV and it's one investment that has always more than paid for itself in fun :)

13. Sweet ride Mike, but your setting the bar too high for some us! LOL

14. michael p.

Ohhhh!! Don't even GO there, i've seen y'alls rides!! LOL

15. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Yeah, thats one very expensive shirt Lee's wearing. When he bought that shirt they threw in a couple of Harley's just to show their appreciation.

16. LOL!!!!!

17. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

That's really great! I want one of them SOOOoo bad.

18. DROPPINEM

DROPPINEM New Member

Good choice with the kubota!!The are built by a tractor company not an atv company nuff said!!!

19. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Nice gift! I know ya'll will enjoy cruising around on it!